There are newer employer reviews for Duke University

I think the Duke Raleigh has good people, but lousy options for being such a small place and a Duke Entity.

Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Duke University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like working with Duke for its flexible schedules, great benefits and nice people. I did like my position where I did not feel micromanaged and I had options to have different shifts in different portions of the hospital.

Cons

I do not feel that learning and/or job improvement was a strong asset for this company. In my previous job position, I felt like I was stuck and the one of two ways that I found to move forward were not applicable to me. I also feel that because this was a smaller hospital, the resources were limited, which can be a factor when considering.

313 Other Employee Reviews for Duke University (View Most Recent)

Graduate Research Assistant

Current Employee - Graduate Student in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Graduate Student in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice school, nice place to live in terms of the weather and living cost. People are in general very kind. Of course, you have a lot to do if you are a big basketball fan.

Cons

Pay is not that good compared to a lot of other places. Science and Engineering programs here are not matched to the reputation of the school. Summer can be very hot.

Franklin Center job

Current Employee - Franklin Center Assistant to A Center in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Franklin Center Assistant to A Center in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many pro's to working in such a positive environment as this one. Among them are pretty good hours, interesting and varied colleagues, great events, and working on worthwhile projects.

Cons

There really aren't too many con's I can think of, unless you don't enjoy working in an academic setting. There may be events that are difficult to schedule or some office politics to deal with.

There are newer employer reviews for Duke University