There are newer employer reviews for Duke University

I think the Duke Raleigh has good people, but lousy options for being such a small place and a Duke Entity.

Former Employee - Nursing Assistant  in  Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Duke University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like working with Duke for its flexible schedules, great benefits and nice people. I did like my position where I did not feel micromanaged and I had options to have different shifts in different portions of the hospital.

Cons

I do not feel that learning and/or job improvement was a strong asset for this company. In my previous job position, I felt like I was stuck and the one of two ways that I found to move forward were not applicable to me. I also feel that because this was a smaller hospital, the resources were limited, which can be a factor when considering.

299 Other Employee Reviews for Duke University (View Most Recent)

Graduate Research Assistant

Current Employee - Graduate Student  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Graduate Student in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice school, nice place to live in terms of the weather and living cost. People are in general very kind. Of course, you have a lot to do if you are a big basketball fan.

Cons

Pay is not that good compared to a lot of other places. Science and Engineering programs here are not matched to the reputation of the school. Summer can be very hot.

Duke University

Current Employee - Tutor  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Tutor in Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke University part-time for less than a year

Pros

Duke has the most beautiful campus I have ever seen. The employees are highly qualified and very professional. Everyone is organized and responsive.

Cons

I do not see any cons other than the very expensive parking. However, I think this is an incentive to support the environment. Lack of diversity.

Consider diversity among students.

There are newer employer reviews for Duke University

Worked for Duke University? Contribute to the Community!