Duke University

www.duke.edu

Great if you're a researcher/professor; very different as a staff person!

Former Employee - Administrative Manager  in  Durham, NC
Former Employee - Administrative Manager in Durham, NC

Pros

Good benefits and health care

Cons

Salary was very bad when I started and only became reasonable just before I left. The politics became awful. Worked insane number of hours.

You should value your staff as much as the professors, researchers and senior management. Do not make prejudgements about people and situations, or allow managers to make them political pawns; you lose good staff that way.

Other reviews for Duke University

I think the Duke Raleigh has good people, but lousy options for being such a small place and a Duke Entity.

Former Employee - Nursing Assistant  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Nursing Assistant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

I like working with Duke for its flexible schedules, great benefits and nice people. I did like my position where I did not feel micromanaged and I had options to have different shifts in different portions of the hospital.

Cons

I do not feel that learning and/or job improvement was a strong asset for this company. In my previous job position, I felt like I was stuck and the one of two ways that I found to move forward were not applicable to me. I also feel that because this was a smaller hospital, the resources were limited, which can be a factor when considering.

Graduate Research Assistant

Current Employee - Graduate Student  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Graduate Student in Durham, NC

Pros

Nice school, nice place to live in terms of the weather and living cost. People are in general very kind. Of course, you have a lot to do if you are a big basketball fan.

Cons

Pay is not that good compared to a lot of other places. Science and Engineering programs here are not matched to the reputation of the school. Summer can be very hot.

There are newer employer reviews for Duke University.

Worked for Duke University? Contribute to the Community!