Duke University
www.duke.edu Durham, NC 5000+ Employees

Senior Manager

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Durham, NC

I worked at Duke University full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent health benefits; great facilities; beautiful campus; staff, undergrads, grad, an professional students all interact with due to shared proximity on campus.

ConsCan be downside to working with some faculty st time. Parking is really tough- may need to walk a bit or catch a shuttle from parking lot. Upper level management can be driven heavily by bonuses. Culture is the same as most academic medical centers in the sense that a lot is to be expected workwise - as you move up through ranks can feel like you are doing the work of 2 or 3 people or more at times. Not too much negative beyond that.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in he employees that work for and find creative ways to incentivize employees even if unable to provide higher salary. Also provide opportunities for advancement, mentoring, and resources (books, website subscriptions, and conferences) as options in spite of the tough financial times everyone experiences.

Top tier university, excellent benefits, average compensation.

Assistant Director (Current Employee)
Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Vast computing and research resources. Cons: Limited opportunities for merit based compensation. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

good.

I have been working at Duke University

Pros: I like the people I work with. Lots of… Cons: Pay is not great. But there is nothing I can do. Come tax time I lose… More

There are newer reviews on Duke University.

Worked for Duke University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duke University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Duke University CEO Dick Brodhead. All reviews posted anonymously by Duke University employees.