Duke University
www.duke.edu Durham, NC 5000+ Employees

Great Employer with great benefits!

Research Technician (Former Employee)
Durham, NC

ProsDuke has a "cradle to grave" approach to employees. With benefits that include family health, dental, insurance, employee appreciation days/picnics, and even a generous "widows/orphans" type plan, Duke attempts to treat employees as family and provide the necessary support structure to keep its staff happy.

ConsThe only down side I ever noticed was a lower pay scale than some other academic institutions and certainly a much lower pay scale than that in private industry.

OK place to work

I have been working at Duke University full-time

Pros: The benefits are wonderful. You get two weeks of PTO, sick time,… Cons: No room for growth in the area I work. Policies and procedures are antiquated. … Advice to Senior Management: Reward the employees who deserve it and get rid of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Nice campus-too much politics

Research Scientist (Current Employee)
    Durham, NC

I have been working at Duke University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Nice campus, great facilities, strong science, decent benefits Cons: Too much politics and red tape Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Duke University.

Worked for Duke University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duke University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Duke University CEO Dick Brodhead. All reviews posted anonymously by Duke University employees.