Dunbar's senior management and middle managers needs to realize the value of it's employees.

I have been working at Dunbar Armored

Pros

-time off is usually not a problem
-the in office rumors and gossip keep the day moving along
-the free water that's offered within the office is especially nice, but is the only perk

Cons

-all of the offices are filthy and run down
-the quality of personnel is well below average
-management employees have no college education and no ability to "manage"
-dead end job, no advancement opportunities
-job for most individuals is only temporary until something better comes along
-poor communication from internal management and corp.
-low pay
-when they do give you a raise it's usually a quarter
-no perks

Other Reviews for Dunbar Armored

Very interesting work, not for the weak, must be a team player, you will get ahead!

I have been working at Dunbar Armored

Pros

They do promote from within the company if you show initiative and follow company policies you can be whatever you want. I feel those that are fired need to be fired. With the way the economy is right now I dont see why people complain about having a job period! Work hard and you will get ahead. If you want the quick buck this is not the place. If you have a clean record, you can make it here. I have seen the same sour pusses in the government job I use to have. It's the same old song something for nothing...everybody wants a handout. I say work for it! I for one am tired of working to pay for others to have welfare. Enough with the cry babies, get to work thank god you have a job and shut up.

Cons

Working with people that are always griping about how much they make. Who forced them to apply? Did they think they would be making $30.00 and hour. Come on man...Everybody cant have the weekend off. You got to pay your dues then and only then can you sit back a little and I mean a little. The turnover rate is a little high, but only these young guys coming in now expect everything right now. They cant wait they have to have it now.... Well that is not the way of the real world maybe in video games or in the movies! In the real world anything worth having is earned. Including respect, which I have none for any guy that wants it easy all the time. If you were in the military you know what I mean. The problem is that of these punks have not been through anything yet. They have not had it hard...they just came out of their bedrooms where they have been hiding playing video games and now they want to win every game out here. Not going to happen!

Barely tolerable dead end job

Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard
    Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard

I worked at Dunbar Armored

Pros

-Easy work. If you are on a commercial route all you have to be able to do is walk around and carry stuff. A golden retriever could have an easy time working at Dunbar.
    -If you are one of the few fulltime employees they actually have good benefits.
    -If you are one of the part time employees there (I'd say almost all are part time status) you can get full time hours for the most part.
    -If you have a pulse you are hired.
    -The "crew chiefs" are actually really cool people.
    -Branch manager is alright.

Cons

-No chance of advancement at all. It is a true "dead end job".
    -Raises are a joke. Last year you could get a maximum of 36 cents. One time, during a meeting, we had some guy come down from Baltimore, Maryland and address our concerns about raises. We were told that "If 25 cents means a lot to you that maybe this isn't the job for you!". Stay classy Dunbar.
    -Poor working equipment. The trucks used for commercial routes are on their last legs. The ATM trucks are nice though.
    -Zero tolerance accident policy. Most companies have a point system of some sort.
    -The "Drive cams" are only there to get you in trouble.
    -Half the people working there are dangerously stupid and have no business holding a weapon of any sort.
    -THERE IS NO FULL TIME. Enjoy working full time hours for part time status. Or enjoy always having your hours threatened because you are only under part time status.

Have some actual standards when hiring people. Also push to put people in fulltime status. Get rid of the OPS manager currently working there and put someone in that position that actually will do their job.

There are newer employer reviews for Dunbar Armored.

Worked for Dunbar Armored? Contribute to the Community!