Not the best....

I worked at Dunkin' Brands

Pros

The discount, honestly. And the direct contact with the customers, I love working with the general public unlike most people.

Cons

Just about everything else. Maybe because I was working with first time owners they were extremely hardcore about following the rules....but they never followed the rules themselves. In the beginning the hours were awesome we were averaging 55 hours a week, then they dropped down to 20, just to go back up to 40 where it stayed until I left. The I-training took up a large portion of our time and caused us to always get backed up around that time. The way my particular managers chose employee of the month on favoritism, instead of the actual hard work put in, and the lack of flexibility in scheduling.

Advice to Management

Please get rid of the I-trains, they take up too much time, I'm sure if theyre done properly they might be ok.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fun and professional enviroment who encourages innovation and detailed project managment

Former Employee - Quality Assurance
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance

I worked at Dunkin' Brands

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and hardworking
    Gym facilities in the building
    Limited Micro-managment
    Dunkin Cafe and Baskin ice cream shop on site for unlimited consumption off food and beverage
    Early release on Fridays
    Casual Fridays

Cons

Lots of work
    Stressful Problem Solving
    Commute time
    Corporate

2. Dunkin Donuts Orlando- Beware of the Franchisee's

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Dunkin' Brands

Pros

Love the business, GREAT customers, good people to work with. Dunkin Donuts is a good entry level shift leader position and a very good first job for someone as a crew member but for long term career MOVE ON. IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO WORK FOR DUNKIN DONUTS BRAND (they do not operate any stores, just the offices and liasons) DO IT, Dunkin Brands is a fantastic company with excellent benefits.

Cons

All stores and franchised so you have one person who may own 1-2 and another who owns 15-20... they ALL run their group differently. My franchisee was harsh- cursed at me regularly and had very poor people skills. He has good "face to face" tolerance with hourly staff but middle management has gotten garbage thrown at their cars, told that we are worthless, etc. Be careful who you deal with and understand that while Dunkin Donuts is a HUGE company- the franchises that create Dunkin Donuts are small business owners.

Advice to Management

I offer this advice to Dunkin Brands- CARE MORE ABOUT WHO YOU ARE LETTING BECOME FRANCHISEES. Do environment checks in the stores to ensure that they are not only being run to Dunkin Operational Standards but also being run in compliance with goverment employment law standards.