There are newer employer reviews for Dunkin' Donuts

Early in, early out, busy day, fun day

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get out early if you have accomplished your goals for the days, Managers eat free. OT was nice to have, it helped considering your pay was so low.

Cons

Get in EARLY, YOU wake up the Rooster! Turnover was very high. Owners and DM had the mentality that they had plenty of applicants and everyone was replacable, no REAL value on people.

Develop the DM role so it is actually a support role for employees not a maint man. Owners need to slow down the expansion to keep up with their current staffing and issues. Pay is well below what is deserved for the amount of responsibilities you have. Meals should be free.

404 Other Employee Reviews for Dunkin' Donuts (View Most Recent)

I wish I could go back

Former Employee - Barista in Plymouth, MA
    Former Employee - Barista in Plymouth, MA

I worked at Dunkin' Donuts part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The tips, everyone's favorite. The company may tax you on those tips, but your local store will most likely find ways to minimize it by claiming you only made a buck or two. This essentially raises your wages.

Personally, a Pros for me was the fact that it was a coffee place, and I love coffee. The smell of the store, the young college girls, the free coffee, and my night shift was quite eventful.

Cons

The process isn't very methodical. The system varies with each other, but of the 4 different locations I worked at... the cashier at drive-thru had little to no knowledge of what was being passed to them. Company policy requires you to eat whatever food you make or take, at the store and not take it home. No big deal, but a cons.

A common complaint is that the boiling hot coffee isn't hot enough. They prefer pure magma, apparently. Well there's no microwave to heat it, so the best compensation is to remake the coffee, but attempt to warm the cream first. The cream is what makes a coffee cold quickly, little tip for that inevitable situation.

2 of my locations were 24/7 and I was on the overnight shift. One of the locations I worked alone, which wasn't bad, after the first week. You get lots of regulars who are specific about their needs, and you have to juggle both counter and drive-thru.

Like every drive-thru, you'll get people who feel the need to order huge feasts for their family, forgetting that it's sort of an "express" lane. They're paying $4 for a cheap poorly made unhealthy sandwich, so you owe it to them to put up with it.

Hire more males. We need non-qualification jobs too.

They expect you to work hard, but they don't want to promote and properly compensate you.

Current Employee - Baker in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Baker in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Dunkin' Donuts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

When I first started, I had all the opportunity to get hours. I was able to travel to other stores. I got to work along side the owner of my store.

Cons

They are so concerned about labor cost, but they expect you to do extra, labor consuming tasks. My store doesn't mind shaving time off your total hours to decrease the total labor hours for the pay period.

You have a vision for how you want your stores to be, so work with the people actually taking orders and baking to come up with better solutions for the stores.

There are newer employer reviews for Dunkin' Donuts