Dunn Tire

www.dunntire.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Dunn Tire

Great company to work for, very competitive, friendly atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Dunn Tire

Pros

Great people, competitive wages and atmosphere, neat and organized stores, up to date training and equipment, great sales platform, good work hours

Cons

at times the overall communication between certain levels within the company could be better, the wages could be more competitive against companies in the same field

wages for sales and management positions could be more competitive against other companies, more stores with better locations, more advancement abilty

8 Other Employee Reviews for Dunn Tire (View Most Recent)

Embarrassing Place to Work

Former Employee - Tire Technician
    Former Employee - Tire Technician

I worked at Dunn Tire

Pros

This job is all about manual labor. If you enjoy repetitive, mind numbing labor this job is for you.
    Usually other employees are cool.
    It used to be a laid back place to work but not anymore.
    They do offer a health insurance and dental plan, but it's nothing to write home about.
    They do offer a 401k plan but there's no sense in joining if your a tire tech.
    Its always interesting. Someone is always messing something up, breaking something, leaving lug nuts loose, driving cars into walls, getting fired.
    Every week you'll be meeting new people because someone else quit or was fired.

Cons

1) You WILL hurt your back / knees / shoulders. I guarantee it.
    2) Pay is not competitive with other jobs of the same caliber.
    3) Upper management does NOT care about tire techs.
    4) Management gets a monthly bonus. Sales get a monthly bonus. Alignment Techs get a monthly bonus. Tire techs get $8.50 an hour and no bonus.
    5) Very high turnover rate - if you do make it through your first month of employment, chances are you will get hurt or fired before the year is over.

No sense in writing this because they've been hearing it for years, but here it is for you to read...

Respect your employees. You always complain it's hard to find good workers. The reason is your not willing to pay for them. Give the tire techs a bonus program! We have absolutely NO incentive to work as hard as you expect us to. All day long its a constant battle between sales and tire techs. Sales trying to sell (obviously), and tire techs trying to come up with reasons why we can't work on this car, or why we cant put a tire on that truck. Why should the tire techs care? They get paid the same whether it's busy season and we change 120 tires a day, or if its the middle of summer and were watching TV in the air conditioning because all the customers are out having a picnic. Honestly, what would you rather do?

I worked at Dunn as a tire tech for 7 years. I got a raise in 2007 up to $9.50/hr. I never had a raise since then (its now 2011). I've seen so many employees come and go, they will pay you the least amount of money they can just to get you to show up to work. Then they will get rid of you one way or another if they find someone to do your job for less money.

One more word if your still reading... Take the good reviews on here with a grain of salt. I've never met anyone in my 7 years with Dunn who really enjoys their job.

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Dunn Tire

Pros

Great team environment. Company really cares about employees. Good benefits. Good pay. Great training available. Great employee recognition program available.

Cons

There are no cons. Great place to work. I've enjoyed my time with company and plan on staying onboard for a long time to come.

There are newer employer reviews for Dunn Tire