Duro-Last Roofing

www.duro-last.com
  www.duro-last.com
There are newer employer reviews for Duro-Last Roofing

Excellent company to work for, the way they treat their field employees is grand

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Tech
Former Employee - Quality Assurance Tech

I worked at Duro-Last Roofing (more than an year)

Pros

Duro-Last Roofing a division of JRB Enterprises is wonderful company to work for. The benefits, the clothing allowances, needs are fulfilled so that you can do your job to the best of your abilities.

Cons

The pay scale as a Quality Assurance Technician is the same across the US. If you work in a high cost area you are not as lucky as someone in Smalltown USA., and their reviews of pay, are few and far between

I enjoyed the hell out of working for you, the value I was to you as a trained employee should have been reflected in the pay. It is difficult to maintain a positive position when the people you are training and being a mentor for earn more than you.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Duro-Last Roofing (View Most Recent)

Run away! dont expect to be at your job for more that 3 years...

Former Employee - Computer Operator in Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - Computer Operator in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Duro-Last Roofing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good working people and the culture is ok but strained

Cons

Duro-last should consider joining a union... The management will find any reason to let you go.. I personally like the fact that Duro-last ties in their 401 k vesting to a 3 year period... most people will not last that long.. I believe that is a form of theft. shame on you Duro-Last.

when you recieve letters shoved under your door... (Tom H) instead of acting like a baby and demeand who wrote the letter... why don't you put stock in your employees and update your management skills.

Quite Possibly The Worst Career Move In My Life

Current Employee - Production Worker in Oscoda, MI
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Oscoda, MI

I have been working at Duro-Last Roofing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited heat stroke in summer, unlimited frostbite in winter

Cons

This ultra-religious, invasive, and family-run business has the nerve to ask that minimum wage factory workers shave their faces to appear presentable. Additionally, company picnics or meetings are habitually punctuated by Christian prayers (which made me, a non-Christian, afraid to complain). This family-run business also ha rules against family and relatives working together--although my Boss and his Brother run two separate factories in this small rural area. None of management is approachable and constantly holds the looming threat of yearly layoffs over your head. The company basically comes to a shutdown once a year around the end of the year, so employees can usually look forward to a layoff as their company gift. Layoffs are also unfairly doled out, with the Plant Manager having extreme favoritism to the women employees and making sure they don't get the lay off.

Learn to expect a slowdown at the end of the year since you all try to do inventory at this time...or better yet, do inventory the entire year constantly! Figure out creative ways to keep people employed, even if that means taking a small hit out of your enormous spring/summer/fall profits by having employees reorganize the factory floor during slow weeks. Stop being unfair with layoffs. Stop asking people to change their personal lives in order to have employment in your company--we are employees. We are not indentured servants or slaves.

There are newer employer reviews for Duro-Last Roofing