There are newer employer reviews for Duty Free Americas

It is what you make it and I learned a lot, but what a relief to be gone.

Former Employee - Corporate Office  in  Hollywood, FL
Former Employee - Corporate Office in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Duty Free Americas

Pros

Good technology to work with, autonomy, and nice people at the corporate office. Every other Friday off was nice as well as little or no travel.

Cons

You only will get a raise if the owners feel like it. There is no policy ro cost of living adjustments. The upper management is only concerned about their own welfare and almost completely ingnore ereryone else. The morale is horrible since pay was cut over 2 years ago and only addressed once over a year. Managers are left to do whatever they want, and there is little to no interaction or leadership from the COO, CEO, or CFO.

Even a minimal amount of leadership would be an improvement over the current hands-off style. Stop ignoring your employees and give them the common courtesy they deserve.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Duty Free Americas (View Most Recent)

Good place to work with abysmal pay and almost overwhelming workload

Former Employee - Helpdesk Support Engineer  in  Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Support Engineer in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Duty Free Americas

Pros

The people I worked with were friendly,and the environment was great. While sometimes our workload was too much, working with people that you are friendly helps alot.

Cons

The pay was extremely low for the work performed. The lower paid employees would have to be on-call and get woken up at odd hours of the night and morning for one week a month, which almost destroyed the entire experience. There is no bonus for being on-call, and you would never get to come in late because you stayed up 4 hours the night before taking calls.

Being on-call is a horrendous experience, especially because you cannot make a mistake without it causing endless hours of work, so there should be some motivation in taking the calls, for example extra pay, or extra time off. It Almost soured by entire experience with Duty Free Americas.

EHHH..

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Duty Free Americas

Pros

The pro for working here is that its in the airport and that opens doors. TSA cleared an customs cleared. They also really dont pressure you on your sales. A lot of employee coverage is also a big plus.

Cons

Ok. unless your the morning manager, ur stuck working an ugly schedule, if ur new that means fri,sat and sun all closing.... when i say closing it means, until the last international flight leaves. Some times 9 sometimes 3 am. You're at the mercy of the airlines.. delays etc.. Upper management is in the same airport and dictate your every move. EVERY MOVE.. THEY LIVE BY WRITE UPS. Their is 3 store managers per store not 1.

PLEASE let us be managers and run a business. Dont micromanage us.

There are newer employer reviews for Duty Free Americas

Worked for Duty Free Americas? Contribute to the Community!