Duval County Public School
www.duvalschools.org Jacksonville, FL 5000+ Employees

Learning and Growing With Duval County Schools

Middle School Teacher (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

ProsBe a participant in student learning; participant in education board process; opportunity for professional development; provision for students on lower socio-economic scale.

ConsLow salary in comparison to cost of living; teaching to state standardized testing; shortage of parent involvement; providing meals to low income students is great but the quality of the food needs to be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salaries; provide additional incentives to induce parental involvement; remove some of the politics out of the leadership appointment processes.

teacher

I have been working at Duval County Public School full-time

Pros: students are wonderful and rewarding Cons: administration needs to be improved No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Chaotic, disorganized, poor leadership at the district level.

I have been working at Duval County Public School full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Love working with the children and have had the opportunity to work with some amazing students and… Cons: The leadership at the district level is constantly changing and initiatives continue to be abandoned and replaced with new… Advice to Senior Management: Spend some time in actual classrooms to gauge what is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Duval County Public School.

Worked for Duval County Public School? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Duval County Public School reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Duval County Public School CEO Nikolai P. Vitti, Ed.D. All reviews posted anonymously by Duval County Public School employees.