There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Being laid off was the best thing about working at DynCorp

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

If you like travel, DynCorp is the place to be.
My position offered quite a variety of work, and therefore wasn't the same old drudge.
The 401k match is the best I have seen.

Cons

A politically based advancement program.
People I saw promoted hadn't the vaguest idea of the type of work they were to manage.
A co-worker tried to nominate another co-worker for a job well done. The manager over the area blocked the nomination because it would demoralize the rest of the team.This sort or petty nonsense is an every day occurrence.
Upper management gives the "our employees are our most valued asset." line, but it's is utter drivel.
An completely useless HR department when it comes to dealing with problem co-workers.

Take the "our employees are our most valued asset" line to heart instead of treating them as one of your expendable pieces of equipment.

342 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

If you know your stuff and need little help, GO FOR IT.

Current Employee - Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

Salary and benefits are king! If you really know your stuff and have an ample amount of experience i.e. 10 years or more, then this is a great paying, I mean awesome paying job that should not be passed up. Well, provided you are a single person or have a very patient spouse who doesn't mind waiting for you while you put some dough away for your future.

Cons

Comunication. After having to meet some pretty strict criteria to get the job, you may feel a bit ripped off by some of the inexperienced individuals that pop up every now and then. The lines of communication leave something to be desired which is no atmosphere for the inexperienced in my opinion.

Feedback is the best keyword. When asked for information, at least let someone know you are awake received the request and are working on it.

If you own stock.... SELL SELL SELL

Former Employee - Systems Administrative  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

Times are tough so it is a paycheck. If you are politically savvy the environment could be right for you. If you like to travel to third world countries and carry firearms that's a plus.
    There are a lot of good people in the company in lower management and the ground troops. Those people cannot be beat. If you work stateside you can't make as much money but you have less chance of getting taken out by a roadside bomb or bullets. So it's kind of a wash. Take out a real good life insurance policy for the family just in case.
    If you like to be in meetings that are redundantly redundant, it's easy money there.

Cons

Ever since the company went public it has gone downhill. They even stripped the company picnic and Christmas party... and those were the only perks to begin with. After a large layoff if there was a grain of moral left it's gone now.
    If you hate meetings there is a good shot you may not like the place.

Managements hands are tied. The problems stem from the very top. There is a good reason the CEO/Chairman has a 17% approval and falling.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!