DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com
  www.dyn-intl.com
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

DynCorp International, The good, The bad, the ugly.

Current Employee - Aviation Maintenance Technician in Fort Campbell, KY
Current Employee - Aviation Maintenance Technician in Fort Campbell, KY

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

IF you're prior military, (aviation) It's a simple and smooth transition. I belive that with just military experience, DynCorp International has some of the best pay on Fort Campbell, and with the current cost of living the pay is really good. The medical benefits are also really good compared to other companies from what I hear.

Cons

Sometimes I hear that theres too much overhead in certain areas, and there is also very little to no room for professional growth or career advancement. If you were an aircraft machanic in the military then you'll most likley be an aircraft machanic with Dyncorp forever. And you run into the "ho hum" slavery of doing the very same thing everyday for the rest of your life.

I would tell them to not be so greedy during the tough times.

389 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

Being laid off was the best thing about working at DynCorp

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

If you like travel, DynCorp is the place to be.
    My position offered quite a variety of work, and therefore wasn't the same old drudge.
    The 401k match is the best I have seen.

Cons

A politically based advancement program.
    People I saw promoted hadn't the vaguest idea of the type of work they were to manage.
    A co-worker tried to nominate another co-worker for a job well done. The manager over the area blocked the nomination because it would demoralize the rest of the team.This sort or petty nonsense is an every day occurrence.
    Upper management gives the "our employees are our most valued asset." line, but it's is utter drivel.
    An completely useless HR department when it comes to dealing with problem co-workers.

Take the "our employees are our most valued asset" line to heart instead of treating them as one of your expendable pieces of equipment.

If you know your stuff and need little help, GO FOR IT.

Current Employee - Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International

Pros

Salary and benefits are king! If you really know your stuff and have an ample amount of experience i.e. 10 years or more, then this is a great paying, I mean awesome paying job that should not be passed up. Well, provided you are a single person or have a very patient spouse who doesn't mind waiting for you while you put some dough away for your future.

Cons

Comunication. After having to meet some pretty strict criteria to get the job, you may feel a bit ripped off by some of the inexperienced individuals that pop up every now and then. The lines of communication leave something to be desired which is no atmosphere for the inexperienced in my opinion.

Feedback is the best keyword. When asked for information, at least let someone know you are awake received the request and are working on it.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International