There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

If you are Asian this is not the company for you specially in Afghanistan

Current Employee - Cargo Document Specialist  in  Kandahar (Afghanistan)
Current Employee - Cargo Document Specialist in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Pay is decent on a tcn standard

Cons

Highly discriminatory towards asians it starts right from the time you land in Kuwait ,But thats just a start of things , Once you reach Afghanistan you will know racism is a reality :) ,If you are a TCN or an FN as they call it now you will have diffrent living standards (horribly diffrent tent) ,limited access to dining facilities ,and no communication(They take away your mobile phones stating security)But its really under the discretion of DynCorp ,You may or maynot have limited access to internet depending on your supervisor in my case i had a good one .You will also get 1 paid R&R per year if you are a TCN compared to 2 paid R&Rs for expats(Americans) this is becuase DynCorp believes Asian bodies dont get fatigued as much as our American counterparts ,I was initially offered a contract of 49000 USD per annum at the second year of renewal they told me the HR had made a mistake the previous year on my particular postion and its down by half about 24000USD and this happened to a lot of other peoplein my same positon . Thats when i decided to leave Afghanistan .For an Asian is a good company to work if its the the last job on earth not if you are in a job and doing ok.All of my above comments is on a TCN/FN persepctive if you are an expat (American) conditions are way diffrent.

Not sure !

342 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

DynCorp Intl

Current Employee - Transportation Manager  in  Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Have a good job here

Cons

need a lot of help upstairs

If you cant see the issues, then who am I to point them out.

Material Control Technician (AWACS)

Current Employee - Material Control Technician AWACS  in  Al Kharj (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Employee - Material Control Technician AWACS in Al Kharj (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company (Toyota Camry) shared with two to three other people. Gated community living area to include, pool, tennis court, racquetball court. Salary is tax free, Saudi Arabia is a fairly safe country.

Cons

Contract has nothing to do with the United States Government. You are employed by the Royal Saudi Arabian Air Force(USAF). This means your supervisor is a Saudi. This means that you will work in a RSAF squadron where your contract manager will answer to an RSAF Officer. Typically Saudi's feel a since of entitlement since you "work" for their government. So most of the times you get blamed for many things that are not your fault, however they are friendly (oddly as that sounds). Saudi Arabia is a closed country so there is not tourism. In addition it is illegal for woman to walk in public without an abaya(traditional black covering), or talk to a man that they are not related to in public. Liquor is illegal also. In addition the AWACS contract is in Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia which is in the middle of the desert two hours away from you living quarters. The drive is terrible Saudi citizens are not the best drivers. Tour is totally unaccompanied no APO, no access to a PX/BX no paid meals, no maids to clean your quarters. The living quarters although nice at first glance are the worst for expats in the country. You will be working with contractors from other companies that live in way better compounds. This is also the only unaccompanied contract in country so you cant bring your family.

Let employees know upon hire that they will be working exclusively for the Saudi Arabian Air Force. Get better living quarters for the employees. Allow tour to be accompanied.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!