DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com
  www.dyn-intl.com
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

If you are Asian this is not the company for you specially in Afghanistan

Current Employee - Cargo Document Specialist in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
Current Employee - Cargo Document Specialist in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is decent on a tcn standard

Cons

Highly discriminatory towards asians it starts right from the time you land in Kuwait ,But thats just a start of things , Once you reach Afghanistan you will know racism is a reality :) ,If you are a TCN or an FN as they call it now you will have diffrent living standards (horribly diffrent tent) ,limited access to dining facilities ,and no communication(They take away your mobile phones stating security)But its really under the discretion of DynCorp ,You may or maynot have limited access to internet depending on your supervisor in my case i had a good one .You will also get 1 paid R&R per year if you are a TCN compared to 2 paid R&Rs for expats(Americans) this is becuase DynCorp believes Asian bodies dont get fatigued as much as our American counterparts ,I was initially offered a contract of 49000 USD per annum at the second year of renewal they told me the HR had made a mistake the previous year on my particular postion and its down by half about 24000USD and this happened to a lot of other peoplein my same positon . Thats when i decided to leave Afghanistan .For an Asian is a good company to work if its the the last job on earth not if you are in a job and doing ok.All of my above comments is on a TCN/FN persepctive if you are an expat (American) conditions are way diffrent.

Not sure !

378 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

Not the best place to be

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

At the moment, I cant think of a pro except if you cant find a job anywhere then come here.

Cons

Not for the employees, terrible living conditions, bad food, no safety, pay for your own hotel when traveling on first day out. No incentives. low pay contractor. Cant get paid for R&R even if you accrued it after you demob. Work span of an employee is less than 1 year.

Minimum 90 sq ft of bed spacing is needed. Even 50 sq ft would do. Get rid of the moldy tents and replace. Remove double bunks cause they are unsafe.

DynCorp Intl

Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Transportation Manager in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

Pros

Have a good job here

Cons

need a lot of help upstairs

If you cant see the issues, then who am I to point them out.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International