There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Opportunities to steer my own learning and discovery

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Information Technology department is constantly working toward a standards-based ITIL compliant process structure, which means that IT personnel are able to better control the pace of problem response, and prioritzie work more effectively. Additionally, I have never been anywhere where I was able to steer my own development quite as much as I've been able to do at DI.

Cons

The Alliance location isn't particularly well managed from a work-space considerations standpoint. Over-crowding, too little parking, and ever-decreasing cubicle spaces are a chronic problem with this company.

Fix the crowding problems. Make Change Management in IT a little more user-friendly. Don't require documentation that isn't necessary, or doesn't make sense to the Change process. Improve documentiaton overall, especially in the CI aspect of the CMDB.

342 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

Five years in the land of career opportunity, rewarding challenge and a values-based culture.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

DI has a values-based culture with leadership who walk the talk. Lots of opportunity and upward mobility for those who are willing to work hard. Supporting our nation in its endeavors around the world is a huge plus.

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge for many. But the work is incredibly rewarding.

Continue to enforce values with leadership around the world and hold those accountable whose performance may be strong but whose behaviors are lacking.

We hold you all in high esteem.

Also, consider a formal telecommuting program or 9/80's for employees who are giving much of their personal time to help the company succeed. Averaging 50 hours of work a week equates to an employee giving the company an extra 65 days of service. Something formal would be especially important to lower level employees who receive no additional incentive.

do not work here very bad company...

Current Employee - Warehouseman  in  Temple, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouseman in Temple, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay is inflated, same thing everyday

Cons

layoffs every two years, overtime without notice, no raises ever.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!