There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

DynCorp provides an unlimited amount of opportunity for travel and seeing the world. I worked in Recruiting for 3 years now and have seen places that I only dreamed about. Salary is decent.

Cons

Always constant consistent change! Nothing is ever the same week to week. There is absolutely ZERO training available, I have never been to a "new employee" orientation and upper management does not have experience needed to manage.

Hire VP's, Directors, and Managers whom actually recruited before, HR is completely different from recruiting. Contractors are still employees, do not view them as just an employee number.

363 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

Opportunities to steer my own learning and discovery

Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Information Technology department is constantly working toward a standards-based ITIL compliant process structure, which means that IT personnel are able to better control the pace of problem response, and prioritzie work more effectively. Additionally, I have never been anywhere where I was able to steer my own development quite as much as I've been able to do at DI.

Cons

The Alliance location isn't particularly well managed from a work-space considerations standpoint. Over-crowding, too little parking, and ever-decreasing cubicle spaces are a chronic problem with this company.

Fix the crowding problems. Make Change Management in IT a little more user-friendly. Don't require documentation that isn't necessary, or doesn't make sense to the Change process. Improve documentiaton overall, especially in the CI aspect of the CMDB.

Five years in the land of career opportunity, rewarding challenge and a values-based culture.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

DI has a values-based culture with leadership who walk the talk. Lots of opportunity and upward mobility for those who are willing to work hard. Supporting our nation in its endeavors around the world is a huge plus.

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge for many. But the work is incredibly rewarding.

Continue to enforce values with leadership around the world and hold those accountable whose performance may be strong but whose behaviors are lacking.

We hold you all in high esteem.

Also, consider a formal telecommuting program or 9/80's for employees who are giving much of their personal time to help the company succeed. Averaging 50 hours of work a week equates to an employee giving the company an extra 65 days of service. Something formal would be especially important to lower level employees who receive no additional incentive.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International