DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Very bureaucratic and political, but with wide ranging opportunities on many projects

Current Employee - Aviation Operations in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
Current Employee - Aviation Operations in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very diverse when it comes to different projects and contracts, they have projects all over the globe. While I'm not particularly enamored with the project that I work on as a whole (LOGCAP), I love my shop. My leadership works very hard to insulate us from all of the shenanigans. And regardless of what you read elsewhere, the only pay problem that I had was when the program was first getting started in 2009. They are big enough to be stable financially which is more than I can say for a lot of other companies on Defense contracts.

Cons

I really don't like how bureaucratic the company can be; most everything is twice as complicated as it should be. Promotions & hiring is heavily influenced by who you know rather than ability or experience. What that equates to is that many managers are very defensive and innovation or anything out of the ordinary tends to be viewed as threatening and is treated accordingly. There are lots of awesome leaders here, but unfortunately there are also quite a few who aren't.

Too many employees are only here for a paycheck and don't care about the success and future of the company. This probably has something to do with every policy announcement that is released threatening disciplinary action "up to and including termination".

I would encourage management to work harder at cultivating a sense of belonging among employees and softening the "management tone".

And I do like the employee recognition programs that we have. It means a lot to guys, especially a lot of our foreign nationals, to be singled out and praised for the outstanding work that they do.

418 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

best

Current Employee - Air Cargo Handler in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Air Cargo Handler in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International (more than a year)

Pros

this company makes work more easier

Cons

nothing every thing is good

they r best

It has been quite a ride, a worldwide ride.

Current Employee - Electrical Foreman in Kandahar (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Electrical Foreman in Kandahar (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

you get to see the world , the pay is reasonable and they pretty much let you do your job un-molested, advancement is available, and they are an open minded group of people.

Cons

the cons are that you are away from your family, there is not enough vacation time and the living accomodations can be very austere at times

accountability is a must logitics are key we need to run a tighter ship.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International