DynCorp International

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Director in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Director in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The CEO was the first person I met on my first day--he presented at orientation for a couple of hours. The office was closing early due to dangerous weather and, yet, there he was. I was immediately impressed by Steve Gaffney and the company and every day I work here, I firmly believe this company lives its values. The people in the office are friendly. The online employee tools (training, policies & procedures, time tracking, expense reports, HR, etc.) are excellent. The newsletters are informative. I work with very smart people, the work is engaging, and I feel like management really cares about me. My management team (not just my immediate manager, but all the way up) meets with me to discuss my level of job satisfaction. I don't feel like a number here--I feel like a human being. The corporate growth strategy appears to be well aligned with the needs of the market and the work reflects a genuine interest and commitment to being successful.

Cons

It's just a shame more companies don't operate this way. I don't have anything negative to say about DI.

Keep up the great work!

387 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

Job Discription not accurate and PM will not acknowledge changes is needeed.

Current Employee - Suppply Techni in Fort Campbell, KY
    Current Employee - Suppply Techni in Fort Campbell, KY

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Site managers and hourly employees are hard working individuals.

Cons

There is minimum pay standards and no raises in 10 years on this contract other than COL.

Job discriptions should correspond with actual job duties.

heavy wheel mechanic

Current Employee - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Heavy Wheel Mechanic in El Paso, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

good people, start time and end time for work is the same. go home at a decent time.

Cons

everything changes day to day and nothing is set in stone makes it hard to do your job when one thing is said and then changed. the lack of communication is a huge problem with the company. tpay is decent but for the work that we do and the use of our personnal tools that sometimes break in my veiw we should be paid more than what we get now. just about everything we need comes out of pocket and not from the units as stated in out contract, plus the cost of living has gone up. the health insurance is very high. no advancement in the company.

stop disregarding the real problems and fix things that are going on. make policies that you can keep and stick to it. know what is needed and what the company wants to do instead of having constant changes. put an effort into training.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International