DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com

Company Does Not Value Talented Professionals/Subject Matter Experts

Senior Advisor (Current Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsThe cadre of professionals, who serve as mentors and professional advisors here in Kabul, is extraordinary. Deployment Center in Fort Worth was well organized and well run.

ConsThe list of cons is overwhelming, at least here in Kabul. The management epitomizes arrogance and has no idea of the talent and contributions being made by his advisors--let alone their names. Living conditions are terrible here in Kabul. Although we are used to living in austere conditions, we rate more than 45 square feet per person, and we don't appreciate living in slums with unvetted TCNs; these concerns have been brought to management's attention with no action. The team leaders are afraid to raise concerns for fear of reprisals and termination--DON'T BLOW THE WHISTLE HERE. The professionals and subject matter experts are loyal to the mission first and never to DynCorp and the mythical five (5) points of its star. Many of the professional workforce (retired O-6 and E-9) won't put DynCorp on their resumes. The operations/business management (who live on the overhead of the professionals) are inept, unconcerned, and surly. I was personally left stranded at Kabul airport for three hours, my Interpreter lost a day's worth of pay, and one of the business office personnel was told not to input an Interpreter's pay because it was five (5) minutes late and off the clock. (This particular interpreter was working in Southern Afghanistan and there were network connectivity issues....he only gets paid once per month). Attrition is running approximately 30%...a completely tragic and avoidable situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to the DynCorp star. Stop underbidding projects and pay your talent more. Learn your employees' names and don't force your valuable people to live in inhumane conditions with unvetted TCNs.

Load Planner

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros: decent pay but the leadership sucks! Cons: THEY SUCK! Crappy living conditions and horrible pay for… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to lead and manage people...lets try hiring someone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

not too bad

Security (Current Employee) Doha (Qatar)

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: decent pay, good foot in the door Cons: they hire a lot of complainers and slackrs Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DynCorp International.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!