DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com

Corporate employees are lemons who exist only to be squeezed.

(Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsDecent salaries and the working class employees are mostly good people who want to do good work.

ConsDynCorp is owned by the private equity firm Cerebus who does not understand the business that DynCorp does nor has any interest in doing so. Their only interest is in squeezing as much as they possibly can out of DynCorp and its people. Innovation is non-existent as is employee morale. Since Cerebus has purchased us, company benefits have dried up. Employee raises are gone, insurance premiums have increased dramatically every year, training dollars are always the first to be cut from budgets, and even simple morale boost benefits such as blue jeans on Fridays have been eliminated. You are spoken to and treated as if you are lucky to even have a job. Employees work constantly under the threat of an oncoming reduction in force (RIF) and after each one, you are asked to work harder to make up for the missing personnel.

As the US government reduces defense spending, DynCorp's prospects for growth and even sustainment are grim. The company has not positioned itself for this circumstance and is suffering because of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly, I cannot imagine any words will help. Even a small appreciation of your employees would be beneficial. Forgo your executive bonus program to reinstate merit increases for employees Invest in them with training dollars. Give them a reason to want to stay here. As it stands today, every employee I know is currently looking for outside employment. Aside from a paycheck, you have given no one a reason to stay.

Great opportunities but limited advancement

Field Service Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros: Good medical and 401k benefits Cons: Opportunity for advancement being a contractor is limited Advice to Senior Management: More selective screening of personnel for technical jobs should take place for highly skilled positions, ie just because someone changed oil on trucks… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

My time was short

Avionics Technician (Current Employee) Patuxent River, MD

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good pay and union support, the people I worked with… Cons: They have a lack of vision, expensive benefits, the cost of living is very high. There is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DynCorp International.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!