DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Corporate employees are lemons who exist only to be squeezed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent salaries and the working class employees are mostly good people who want to do good work.

Cons

DynCorp is owned by the private equity firm Cerebus who does not understand the business that DynCorp does nor has any interest in doing so. Their only interest is in squeezing as much as they possibly can out of DynCorp and its people. Innovation is non-existent as is employee morale. Since Cerebus has purchased us, company benefits have dried up. Employee raises are gone, insurance premiums have increased dramatically every year, training dollars are always the first to be cut from budgets, and even simple morale boost benefits such as blue jeans on Fridays have been eliminated. You are spoken to and treated as if you are lucky to even have a job. Employees work constantly under the threat of an oncoming reduction in force (RIF) and after each one, you are asked to work harder to make up for the missing personnel.

As the US government reduces defense spending, DynCorp's prospects for growth and even sustainment are grim. The company has not positioned itself for this circumstance and is suffering because of it.

Honestly, I cannot imagine any words will help. Even a small appreciation of your employees would be beneficial. Forgo your executive bonus program to reinstate merit increases for employees Invest in them with training dollars. Give them a reason to want to stay here. As it stands today, every employee I know is currently looking for outside employment. Aside from a paycheck, you have given no one a reason to stay.

419 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

My time was short

Current Employee - Avionics Technician in Patuxent River, MD
    Current Employee - Avionics Technician in Patuxent River, MD

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and union support, the people I worked with were top notch people. They provide a good travel bonus.

Cons

They have a lack of vision, expensive benefits, the cost of living is very high. There is not a lot of things to do in the area unless you go the D.C. or Baltimore.

Working for DynCorp

Former Employee - Security Specialist in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Security Specialist in Reston, VA

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pleasant working conditions, and fellow employees

Cons

Salary not to good, but benefits very good

Keep up the good work to keep employees happy

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International