DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com

Horrible Company. After two years, I am only glad that the paychecks come on time.

Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

ProsI've never had any pay issues.
THe company pays to get you into and out of theater.

ConsLocal management is often incompetent. Site leaders seem to rise to leadership through attrition rather than any qualifications or skills. Site leaders are often not qualified and use poor leadership techniques (e.g. micromanagement) to hang onto their positions and enforce rules that often seem arbitrary.

Contract bidders underbid highly skilled, technical positions (Air Traffic Control) and overbid support positions (Airfield Operations), resulting in the former being paid at a higher rate than the latter. Moreover, the low pay results in a disproportionate number of marginally or un-qualified personnel on contract, or personnel who have difficulty getting jobs in the US because of undesirable personality traits.

Redundancy at all levels. Training documents must be reproduced for each level because operations at varying levels are not effectively communicating with each other. Certifications that are not pertinent to positions are copied and kept on file by the company.

The benefits package is weak, especially for a multimillion-dollar corporation with over 100,000 employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of vetting site leadership. Ensure that pay scales are congruent with industry norms (Air traffic Controllers with DI make an average of 30k below industry norms).

do it if your desperate

Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) Kandahar (Iran)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: travel, meet some descent people Cons: no advancement based on performance, pay, no rotation to come… Advice to Senior Management: listen to your people, be humble, know your limitations, Listen… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Outstanding!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great place to work, my experience was all overseas, Afghanistan. Everyone worked… Cons: None that I can come up with, at least nothing comes flashing… Advice to Senior Management: None. More
There are newer reviews on DynCorp International.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!