DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Horrible Company. After two years, I am only glad that the paychecks come on time.

Former Employee - Air Traffic Controller in Kabul (Afghanistan)
Former Employee - Air Traffic Controller in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've never had any pay issues.
THe company pays to get you into and out of theater.

Cons

Local management is often incompetent. Site leaders seem to rise to leadership through attrition rather than any qualifications or skills. Site leaders are often not qualified and use poor leadership techniques (e.g. micromanagement) to hang onto their positions and enforce rules that often seem arbitrary.

Contract bidders underbid highly skilled, technical positions (Air Traffic Control) and overbid support positions (Airfield Operations), resulting in the former being paid at a higher rate than the latter. Moreover, the low pay results in a disproportionate number of marginally or un-qualified personnel on contract, or personnel who have difficulty getting jobs in the US because of undesirable personality traits.

Redundancy at all levels. Training documents must be reproduced for each level because operations at varying levels are not effectively communicating with each other. Certifications that are not pertinent to positions are copied and kept on file by the company.

The benefits package is weak, especially for a multimillion-dollar corporation with over 100,000 employees.

Do a better job of vetting site leadership. Ensure that pay scales are congruent with industry norms (Air traffic Controllers with DI make an average of 30k below industry norms).

418 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

Chance to see different culture. Help US military.

Former Contractor - MRAP Financial Service Representative in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Got to travel to places in other countries. Got to help out the United States military and make a difference keeping them safe. Got to learn about MRAP vehicles.

Cons

They wait until the last minute to let the employees know what is happening. Lack of communication for contractors. Give you the run around at the end of the contract.

Don't wait till the last minute to let contractors know what is happening.

HVAC MECHANIC , 21 months , best company in my life.

Former Contractor - HVAC Mechanic in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Former Contractor - HVAC Mechanic in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Best company in my life. Everything is good, i mean food, good salary. living room, Team work. I am happy because i was employee of this company and i have wish to work for this company.

Cons

Company need us and we work , company pay us. If company no need us, can send back home , but with more opportunities in life.

Give chance again to ex-employees.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International