DynCorp International

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

unhappy place

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I want to be able to put something, but I honestly can't think of anything positive to say. If you are out of a job and they will hire you, go for it (at least it's a paycheck), but I wouldn't leave a decent job to go here.

Cons

Employee morale is in the toilet. Constant threat of layoffs for the worker bees, but yet they have an over abudance of VPs. No pay raises for the last two years, but mgmt still paid themselves a bonus. Managers can't or won't make decisions. Too much red tape, but it's a government contractor so I guess that's to be expected. Really depends what group you are in, some groups are expected to work themselves to death. Seems to be a better balance in the field or on contracts than in corporate office. Advancement opportunities are practically non existant. You might be able to make a lateral move but unless you are "in the club" you won't be moving up anytime soon. They are stuck in old fashioned ways "because that's how we've always done it". Company gets bought/sold on a regular basis, so the structure is constantly changing. As soon as the dust begins to settle from one sale, the next one happens. The only thing that stays the same here is change, but it all seems to focus on superficial things that create more work. I did not feel valued as an employee at all.

If you would accept that your employees are your most valuable asset and brought back things like jeans Friday, and actually put an effort into improving morale you would do infinetely better. People know they are expendable at DI. The constant threat of layoffs causes your best people to leave voluntarily before they are cut, so you end up with the poor performers sticking around. You need to put some effort into training people - new hires leave so quickly because they are thrown to the wolves with ZERO training or support. Pick a direction and stick with it for more than 5 min to see if if actually has an impact.

389 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

Great Company to get started when leaving the Armed Forces

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Patuxent River, MD
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Patuxent River, MD

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hours of operations, Great people to work with, "By the book" maintenance.

Cons

Shift rotations, Ugly uniforms, Poor advancement opprotunities

Data entry

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

The work environment is excellent. challenging at time but overall good.

Cons

The shifts can be pretty difficult

I recommend that the Data salaries should be done by the company itself and not by the national host country

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International