Good first job where I gain lots of education and experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Mentors
Opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
Educational/tuition reimbursement opportunities.
Set policies and procedures set in place for almost anything (I didn't realize how valuable this was until I worked for a company with no policies/procedures).
Great Benefits

Cons

Work/life balance - at times I was working 70-80 hours per week, on-call and expected to be available 24/7.
Some favoritism
Some people in management positions did not deserve them or do a good job in them, making it more difficult for their employees.

Overall I feel like this is a good company to work for, but a lot of that has to do with the department and people that you work with/for. I believe that it opened many doors for me and taught me so much.

Other Reviews for DynCorp International

Ideal employer for those willing to work hard, apply themselves, and who are dedicated to learning more about business

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong company values for which people are held accountable; companywide sense of pride in the mission - people care about the work they are doing; opportunities to learn more to advance your career are limitless

Cons

Market dynamics make this a challenging time for anyone who contracts with the U.S. government; not a place for those just looking to "show-up" each day who are not invested in the work they do

Continue to focus on core values across company; continue to hold people accountable for delivering results and living the company values

unhappy place

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I want to be able to put something, but I honestly can't think of anything positive to say. If you are out of a job and they will hire you, go for it (at least it's a paycheck), but I wouldn't leave a decent job to go here.

Cons

Employee morale is in the toilet. Constant threat of layoffs for the worker bees, but yet they have an over abudance of VPs. No pay raises for the last two years, but mgmt still paid themselves a bonus. Managers can't or won't make decisions. Too much red tape, but it's a government contractor so I guess that's to be expected. Really depends what group you are in, some groups are expected to work themselves to death. Seems to be a better balance in the field or on contracts than in corporate office. Advancement opportunities are practically non existant. You might be able to make a lateral move but unless you are "in the club" you won't be moving up anytime soon. They are stuck in old fashioned ways "because that's how we've always done it". Company gets bought/sold on a regular basis, so the structure is constantly changing. As soon as the dust begins to settle from one sale, the next one happens. The only thing that stays the same here is change, but it all seems to focus on superficial things that create more work. I did not feel valued as an employee at all.

If you would accept that your employees are your most valuable asset and brought back things like jeans Friday, and actually put an effort into improving morale you would do infinetely better. People know they are expendable at DI. The constant threat of layoffs causes your best people to leave voluntarily before they are cut, so you end up with the poor performers sticking around. You need to put some effort into training people - new hires leave so quickly because they are thrown to the wolves with ZERO training or support. Pick a direction and stick with it for more than 5 min to see if if actually has an impact.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!