DynCorp International

www.dyn-intl.com
There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

DynCorp = bully

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Met some great friends.

Cons

Employees with children and families are favored over single, childless employees as if single people have no life. Being single does not mean I want to stay late so a parent can go home on time to pick up and take care of a child. Never could make plans afterwork, no advanced notice of overtime hours. Normal hours were 8-5 but sometimes you were excepted to work odd shift hours such as midnight to 9am, 5am-5pm, etc.

Expected to not take your lunch hour.

Deadlines are unreasonable and last minute. Management not willing to stand up and demand deadlines that aren't so tight and last minute.

Gave awards for outstanding performances that came with a cash award. Unfortunately, one person won the award for "placing a decal on a plane." Often awarded those that were simply doing their job. Overlooked those that went over and above and did many jobs.

Military employees looked down on and treated non-military employees horribly.

Lots of sexism in the workplace.

Had to constantly take ethics training, including how retaliation was not allowed. It happened all of the time.

Bullying was a large part of how they got things done.

Never looked forward to going to work.

Must account for how you spent your time at work and on what project. You'd be screwed if you were actually efficient and got done early.

After expecting you to stay crazy hours they couldn't even provide decent coffee. At one time they offered individual coffee creamers in many flavors, provided plates and plastic cutlery. After one of the many CEO changes the plates, cutlery, creamers were gone. Creamer was replaced with generic powdered crap. Generic sweeteners. No more tea, hot cocoa, etc.

378 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

Sorry it is ending

Current Employee - ICL Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - ICL Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great support from management at all levels. Being able to just get away to Dubai for three days is a bonus.

Cons

Very harsh environment, so if you have allergies to dust this is most definitely not the place for you. The summer will burn your biscuits as in HOT HOT HOT.

Take the time to be there for your subordinates especially during this period of the project.

Good first job where I gain lots of education and experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Mentors
    Opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
    Educational/tuition reimbursement opportunities.
    Set policies and procedures set in place for almost anything (I didn't realize how valuable this was until I worked for a company with no policies/procedures).
    Great Benefits

Cons

Work/life balance - at times I was working 70-80 hours per week, on-call and expected to be available 24/7.
    Some favoritism
    Some people in management positions did not deserve them or do a good job in them, making it more difficult for their employees.

Overall I feel like this is a good company to work for, but a lot of that has to do with the department and people that you work with/for. I believe that it opened many doors for me and taught me so much.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International