There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

DynCorp

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

Lots of good folks in the company. Heavy on military

Cons

long hours are expected regularly

say thanks to your employees every once in a while

367 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

Constant change with many challenges

Current Employee - COMBS Quality Assurance in Columbus, MS
    Current Employee - COMBS Quality Assurance in Columbus, MS

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are a few incentive rewards with healthcare to earn reward money. Fair amount of places to get discounts and perks, ie. AT&T. Tuition assistance is very generous along with relocation reimbursement.

Cons

Upper management does not know what is going on or how to run the program. There are many issues, one being the current health insurance change and no coverage in this area. Possibility of layoffs and a reduced workforce. Overtime has currently been banned due to the budget.

Upper management needs to be informed of what it is really like to work at a site and realize that the great plans that are drawn up in a cubical, will always work. Professional micromanagers and this creates issues as one can imagine.

Never Appreciated

Former Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Operations in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you get in with the right manager/Sr. Leadership member, you can get promoted quickly and paid well. It was about 40 min from where I live and the surrounding environment offered great shopping and lunch options. I worked in the Corp home office in Ft Worth, and had the opportunity to travel. I learned a great deal there.

Cons

There is no work life balance, and the company values that they push publically is not what the actual culture is. It is everyone for themselves and when you try and build a team, it is pulled apart. I have never worked in a more gossip oriented environment in my career. No stability in leadership, with a high turnover in all programs.

Value your teams that do all the work, and make the impossible tasks happen. Stop hiring friends and family and start promoting the professionals who are qualified for the pay and positions that they hold. Recognize achievements and improve the culture. Appreciate your employees not just the Sr. Leadership.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International