Best work environment in terms of safety

Former Employee - Water Laboratory Technician  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
Former Employee - Water Laboratory Technician in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Great human resources department which was responsive to employees needs especially when it concerned their safety, salaries, movements and working relations.

Cons

Time off was limited 30 days annually. Working at 12 hours a day ,7 days a week was stressful.

Review company policy especially in terms of R&R.

Other Reviews for DynCorp International

Did not provide a timely response to a hazmat health issue

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

It is an international company, perhaps the adventure to other countries, cultures, however the market is changing, expect a reduction in positions overall.

Cons

Lack of response from headquarters, even after I emailed the CEO about the issue. I requested a change of work area from local management, that was denied. It was a health hazard to all workers, including other military groups, and contract company employees. I heard in the aftermath, people have issues talking, are coughing, have headaches. Why do large corporation, supposedly experts in the field lack adequate procedures to prevent future health issues that their employees may experience. Not my idea of a company with great values, and the values they say is there operational foundation.

No training in my field of IT. Corporate headquarters was not timely in IT issues, in adding support to overseas base. The management does not have the skill or the knowledge to adequately create an efficient and effective IT service level. No training in my field of IT. Corporate headquarters was not timely in IT issues, in adding support to overseas base. The IT management, locally and at the headquarters, does not have the skill or the knowledge to adequately create an efficient and effective IT service level.

I advised the management, never heard back. The CEO was replaced, however I doubt it was due to my email. Does management read this.... I doubt it.

Workers make companies money, why allow future suffering from health issues?

PMO offices do not work well with their subordinates.

Current Employee - Mentor  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Mentor in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is OK.
    Because of a Twenty (20) word minumim I need to make up additional pro items. I wish I could make something up.

Cons

A PMO office that feels that the employees in the field work for them and not the other way. PTO is not very good.

Teach your PMO office how business works. Do not let your ego determine who is fired. The ego in the PMO office lost thousands of dollars in profit, erased goodwill with teh customer and any future customer input will prevent a follow on contract.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International.

Worked for DynCorp International? Contribute to the Community!