There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International

Got to do the job I had in the USAF for a civilian company.

I worked at DynCorp International as a contractor

Pros

Good pay, can do the same job you had in the military.

Cons

Qatar sort of sucks, and not having SOFA status as a civilian in Qatar makes you a 2nd class citizen with no equal rights who are regarded as gods by the police.

Don't be "my daddy", I am a grown man. Micromanagement sucks.

367 Other Employee Reviews for DynCorp International (View Most Recent)

Huge company with many projects in various fields

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

DynCorp is a huge company that offers a wide varity of job postings around the world.
    The Company will generally give employees opportunities for follow-on jobs within the company as they finish their contracts (applies to year long/overseas contracting work)
    The Company's values are great (See below)

Cons

(Understand this is in reference to the project I work with. Talk with someone at your potential work site for appropriate details)
    DynCorp's ability to pay a respectable salary was struck hard coming in after another company had this project. The quality of employees that will work in this field, for this amount of money is lacking. The Company's inability to recruit quality aircraft mechanics makes it hard to get rid of substandard mechanics. It's a snowball that gets worse as top notch employees leave the program because they can make better money elsewhere, and employees that lack experience and skills for better paying jobs are left behind. The only thing that keeps this place running are the handful of mechanics that stick around because they truly care about the end user and their mission.
    There never seems to be enough time to really truly inculcate the Company's values into the workforce, other than through negative discipline when values are not adhered to.

Find some way to offer better incentives for working here. The hourly compensation and benefits are substandard for this industry. The only reason to work on this project is the insane amount of hours we work.
    Allow lower and middle management to review potential incoming employee’s applications and take their advice into consideration prior to hiring them

Company Review

Current Employee - Staff Officer
    Current Employee - Staff Officer

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

The company is very generous in its vacation allocations, based on how long you've worked for them. The are definitely pro-veteran, and family. The atmosphere is one of teamwork.

Cons

Being off-site, sometimes information is found out slowly. Additionally, historically when training is required, we tend to get notification at the "critical" hour for it to be completed.

Keep communication lines open to the lowest worker level.

There are newer employer reviews for DynCorp International