Overseas Position

I worked at DynCorp International

Pros

It was a great opportunity to get my foot in the door for working abroad.

Cons

Definitely the "Good Ole Boys Club". Many of the higher ups didn't think you were able to do a job unless you were either a man or a retired LTC or higher in your branch of service. Due to this fact that if you didn't have military experience, you didn't understand how to properly manage a dept.

Advice to Management

Quit trying to run your overseas projects like the military. Run it like a business.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Even Ethics does not do the right thing

Former Employee - Project Controls Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Project Controls Specialist Senior in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High salaries per experience and a ton of flex time during the week.

Cons

I had a manager who broke every rule on the social contract. I reported it to Ethics because it was getting out of hand. Ethics said, "yeah, there are some bad managers out there but just because he lies or treats you bad does not mean anything.. but I will talk to them about the internal training you aren't getting". I was given permission for training immediately afterwards and a couple weeks after that I was let go in a so called "lay-off"! I contacted Ethics regarding "retaliation" and they wouldn't respond for 6+ months. Later found out that my boss had lied again to Ethics in a cover-up so Ethics just left it at that. Would not look into the matter. Turnover is significant. More than any company I've ever seen. I had 7 different managers during my few years tenure. None of whom are with the company any more. Further, leadership portrays unethical standards in cost representation to the government.

Advice to Management

The right thing doesn't come from you.

Management

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Serve and support our military and Department of State all over the world. Recognition to families that have lost ones that were DynCorp employees. Great people on the ground that work hard and love what they do. Hire a lot of former military.

Cons

At high levels of leadership, they don't follow their published values, it is mostly for show. Let go of good people and they retain the political ones and no employment security. Company is in turmoil due to poor leadership, a lot of been fired but seems as if some are still there.

Advice to Management

Private equity company, retain those who produce and don't get fooled by political and suit characters who tend to be all air about themselves.