Stodgy, uninspiring, old-school Boston MA engineering/management consulting firm

Former Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Dynamics Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Lots of jobs all over the U.S.
- Pay pretty good, although my rate was inherited from the company I worked for before DRC bought it.

Cons

- Didn't see much in the way of loyalty to employees. Be prepared to move on if your contract doesn't get renewed.
- They buy young, deft companies to get their contracts then turn them into a mirror of themselves instead of taking advantage of the way those companies operate.

- More outreach to employees. Get out and see your people!
- Adopt some of the best practices of companies you buy. Remember some of the reasons you bought them.

Other Reviews for Dynamics Research

They don't take care of their people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dynamics Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I came from another company that DRC acquired, and that company had really fantastic transportation benefits that DRC left in place, though I don't know if there are plans to continue that. I like the work/life balance. Other benefits and salary are acceptable, though not particularly good.

Cons

I have seen almost no evidence that they care about their employees or make an effort to get to know them beyond a select few. They're inflexible about promoting out of cycle unless you're one of those select few, but the way it's done is arbitrary and unfair. There's very little communication from leadership, and this was driven home by the way recent layoffs were handled.

More communication. If you want to retain talent, you can't treat your employees like they're expendable and then expect loyalty.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Associate Consultant  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Dynamics Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good career opportunities, training, and compensation and benefits. Good relationship with Supervisors and Managers.

Cons

Economy... which has an impact on all companies and organizations.

None

There are newer employer reviews for Dynamics Research.

Worked for Dynamics Research? Contribute to the Community!