There are newer employer reviews for Dynamics Research

Management is good old boys club

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Reston, VA
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Reston, VA

I worked at Dynamics Research as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good possiblities in the marketplace, but officers in Massachusetts weak on strategic planning.

Cons

C level executives down in the weeds too much. Need to give authority to people on the front lines of business

Advice to Management

Reduce staff in operations and listen to people down the food chain.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Horrible Management

Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dynamics Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get paid every two weeks, providing you don't get mysteriously fired.

Cons

Their website talks about providing their employees "respect." I can only assume their idea of respect is different from the rest of us. Respect? DRC's On-site management repeatedly raised their voices at us, spoke down to us, and even chewed us out in front of our peers. As one longtime employee whispered to me, "This is the most unhappy place I have ever worked at." Respect? DRC's management had a major software delivery scheduled for the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend. So the poor programmers spent the Thanksgiving weekend working 10 - 12 hours at the client site in an attempt to get the software release installed. No time with family and friends during the one long holiday designed just for family and friends. Did DRC think about these employees' families and friends by scheduling a release on a Monday after a major holiday? Of course not! But then again, that's DRC's idea of "Respect." Respect? In the first six months of working for DRC, I saw the entire computer programming staff turned over. People would be fired late in the day, never to be seen again. Just an awful working environment!

Advice to Management

DRC mamagment can't fire themselves; too bad, because it is the management that is responsible for such an unpleasant, hostile work environment. I honestly don't know how these people sleep at night. But then again, since DRC management has no conscience, they probably sleep very well. Which all explains why the company is in trouble, losing business along with employees.

Not A Trustworthy Company. Unethical Practices

Current Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dynamics Research as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have contracts with good clients

Cons

Very unreliable company. The management only looks for money and they don't care for their employees. They put unethical pressure on employees to advance their business. Will never recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

Get rid of managers who are unprofessional and unethical before they irreparably damage the reputation of DRC