Dynetics

www.dynetics.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dynetics

Best place I've worked

I have been working at Dynetics

Pros

Potential for growth all depends on the employee. If you want to go places and rise in the company you can.

The benefits package for this company is above and beyond any that I have worked for and is better than most companies. Yes, the salary may not always be up with the industry but the benefits outweigh that.

There have been very few, almost none, layoffs in the history of this company. If you are flexible and can manage new challenges you can find a place in the company to work.

Cons

This company has so many advantages I can't think of any cross words to be listed in CONS.

All important information is always passed down the line to all employees. In order to make the employees feel more in-the-loop about the company pass along what you know.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Dynetics (View Most Recent)

Don't work here unless you like what you're doing now, forever.

I have been working at Dynetics

Pros

Friendly upper management (CEO & President)
    Family friendly work hours
    Most coworkers are friendly and easy people to work with
    Engineers are generally treated very well

Cons

Little or no growth opportunity
    Difficult to get advertised educational reimbursement unless you're an engineer
    Inconsistency of policy application across company verticals

Upper management is doing an excellent job. The department managers and division managers are stuck in the past and don't understand the way non-engineer employees should be treated.

There are Upsides and Downsides to Any Company..

Current Employee - Technical Illustrator in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Technical Illustrator in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Dynetics

Pros

Dynetics is recognized in the community as an excellent employer. It's been ranked as one of the best places to work in Huntsville, and it's earned it. It's a smaller business, I feel like part of a family instead of just a numbered commodity. Despite the current economy, I don't worry about my job security. I feel like Dynetics will do everything possible to keep employees, and because they are very selective in who they hire I know the people I work with are very capable at their jobs. Many of the people I know have been with the company 30+ years, and you can't retain people like that without being a great company. Dynetics has great benefits including ESOP, healthcare, dental and vision insurance.

Cons

Because Dynetics is so small it can be difficult to advance in the company unless another employee leaves and creates an opening. Sometimes the department structures and chains of command are unclear so when/if there are management problems or concerns, it is hard to know who to bring a problem to in order to solve it. Upper management should review departments with high turnover and work to fix the problems. The proposal process is very disorganized, especially when it comes to coordinating inputs for the final product. Overtime hours can be ridiculous, sometimes 2 and 3 in the morning during the week, several times a week.

Your employees have been hired to do certain jobs, my best advice would be to allow them to do the job they were hired to do, and allow Managers to manage/delegate work. Provide guidance and feedback. Also, delegate work to the employees most qualified to perform the task - i.e. editing to an editor, illustrations to an illustrator, etc. Review departments with high turnover rates, because there is most likely a management or structural problem within the department. Enhance the employee mentorship program. Provide exit interviews that do not involve the direct supervisor - HR, mentor, upper level management. Complaints should be taken more seriously.

There are newer employer reviews for Dynetics