There are newer employer reviews for Dynetics

Good if youre into the whole defense thing

Former Employee - Engineer in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Dynetics

Pros

People are friendly, the management in my department was very good and knowledgable, benefits are good, great work/life balance, work is technically challenging, typically have your own office or share one.

Cons

DoD is awful. This is important because you will be at their will as a contractor. They are riding a gravy train and "trying to get theirs", not making technically good decisions. As a lower employee, you are often in the dark since the manager doesn't tell you much about the big picture. A lot of the time I was working on research "in the dark", though that may have been partially my fault. Although Dynetics likes to harp on ethics, take great consideration about the inherent "ethics" of a company that makes weapon systems. Very Christian attitude which makes it awkward for non-Christians. Fox News in the breakrooms is an insult to our supposedly high intelligence.

Don't be so conservative

32 Other Employee Reviews for Dynetics (View Most Recent)

Overall good place to work

I have been working at Dynetics

Pros

The company offers good benefits and good pay. The company is full of really smart, really hardworking people.

Cons

No real negatives to name.

Keep up the good work.

Best place I've worked

I have been working at Dynetics

Pros

Potential for growth all depends on the employee. If you want to go places and rise in the company you can.

The benefits package for this company is above and beyond any that I have worked for and is better than most companies. Yes, the salary may not always be up with the industry but the benefits outweigh that.

There have been very few, almost none, layoffs in the history of this company. If you are flexible and can manage new challenges you can find a place in the company to work.

Cons

This company has so many advantages I can't think of any cross words to be listed in CONS.

All important information is always passed down the line to all employees. In order to make the employees feel more in-the-loop about the company pass along what you know.

There are newer employer reviews for Dynetics