E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com

Etrade is the best brokerage job to get started in the industry.

Stock Plans Representative (Former Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsEtrade is a great place if you like to just show up and do your job and not get hassled by your boss. People that are senior to you are excellent and actually care about their employees. As long as you do what you are supposed to then they stay out of your business completely.

ConsThere is basically nowhere to go as far as advancement goes. You start there making 40K and you could work there for 25 years and make 45 or 55K max. It's a GREAT job for a student or someone that is just breaking in the industry. Just don't go in there with the idea that you are going to grab the world by the tail because Etrade is not the place to accomplish that.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, management is very fair. My boss was a "no bs" type of guy but he was great at giving all of his employees plenty of space. All the other managers are similar.

Nice place to learn and advance your career...not for too long though

Operations Specialist (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial

Pros: Great learning opportunity, great benefits package, awesome brokerage platform, good marketing by the company. ETRADE (Arlington) is also… Cons: Senior management can be aloof and disinterested, instant messaging seems to be the only way to communicate with co-workers. Stock price cant seem… Advice to Senior Management: Take more time to learn about the "little people" that work under… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

a review

Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

I worked at E*TRADE Financial

Pros: a great place to get experience, it forces you to… Cons: management was always reacting to problems (and badly) instead of anticipating… Advice to Senior Management: Don't ever, ever, let the ETBank people run the company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!