E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com
  www.etrade.com
There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Etrade is the best brokerage job to get started in the industry.

Former Employee - Stock Plans Representative in Sandy, UT
Former Employee - Stock Plans Representative in Sandy, UT

I worked at E*TRADE Financial

Pros

Etrade is a great place if you like to just show up and do your job and not get hassled by your boss. People that are senior to you are excellent and actually care about their employees. As long as you do what you are supposed to then they stay out of your business completely.

Cons

There is basically nowhere to go as far as advancement goes. You start there making 40K and you could work there for 25 years and make 45 or 55K max. It's a GREAT job for a student or someone that is just breaking in the industry. Just don't go in there with the idea that you are going to grab the world by the tail because Etrade is not the place to accomplish that.

None, management is very fair. My boss was a "no bs" type of guy but he was great at giving all of his employees plenty of space. All the other managers are similar.

312 Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial (View Most Recent)

Nice place to learn and advance your career...not for too long though

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial

Pros

Great learning opportunity, great benefits package, awesome brokerage platform, good marketing by the company. ETRADE (Arlington) is also VERY involved in the community, e.g. homeless out-reach programs, elementary school visits, toys for tots around the holidays etc.

Cons

Senior management can be aloof and disinterested, instant messaging seems to be the only way to communicate with co-workers. Stock price cant seem to break the $2 mark. Nervous about the economy and if ETRADE will react accordingly. Lots of customer service are out-sourced to Manilla.

Take more time to learn about the "little people" that work under you, help us develop our career by introducing us to new tasks.

a review

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I worked at E*TRADE Financial

Pros

a great place to get experience, it forces you to adapt to changing situations

Cons

management was always reacting to problems (and badly) instead of anticipating them. Too many legacy systems, and too many changes, then unchanges

Don't ever, ever, let the ETBank people run the company again

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial