E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com
  www.etrade.com
There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Credit admin

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible place to work at...

Cons

they take advantage of people and make them work hard but don't pay them the money worth their job

No comments

326 Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial (View Most Recent)

Really strong technology company

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

E*Trade has one of the strongest technology teams I have seen. It has a great working environment and many of the people have been with E*Trade for a number of years. This makes them very knowledgeable in what they do and that makes things so much easier

Cons

The only issue with E*Trade is stability of the company. You hear so many rumors of it getting acquired or not having a rosy future, you feel like you are on an unstable platform that may topple any minute.

Company has moved to hard sales. Not the E*TRADE I once knew....

Former Employee - Financial Consultant
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For the work required the pay is pretty good. I have generally had a good experience with the people I work with...they generally do not hire the kind of person one normally associates with a brokerage firm (slicked hair, angry etc). Good base pay. I have made many, many friends who I will always be in contact with. Local Management has always been good to me.

They are very good about not requiring late hours, weekend work etc.

Cons

The comp plan for sales associates is the worst thing that has ever been excreted out of a human mind. Its very core is designed to cost you money at every turn. Client dies? Likely you will lose money. Client buys a house? You lose money. Client sells Mutual Funds? You lose money. And don't confuse this with a loss of retention or some hypothetical loss of continuing payments. You literally are charged from your bonus dollar for dollar. In other words, everything you sell will one day come back to cost you just as much, if not more (if it's value went up), than you were paid to sell it in the first place. Thousands of dollars a quarter will disappear due to things you have 0 control over. I won't go into too much detail, but I will say that when this plan was introduced to me I scoffed at the hypothetical losses I saw coming.

Unfortunately they are not hypothetical anymore.

They live in their own world. I won't bother.

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial