E*TRADE Financial
www.etrade.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Call Center Environment--Micromanagement to the Extreme

Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee)
Sandy, UT

ProsBenefits are decent. You get paid time and a half for overtime because everyone except managers are hourly. It's a good place to get licensed and start out, but not a good place for a career.

ConsWow, where do I start? Very hard to get time off. Micromangement at its finest. Pay is not great for the industry. There is not much upward movement--only lateral movement. They say there are tons of ways you can go but there's not, just different teams within customer service and a call center.

Financial Services Representative

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee)
    Sandy, UT

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Physical location is close to the freeway. The doors are open when you… Cons: In four years time, my hourly pay has increased about 7%. My health insurance costs for identical coverage has increased by over 36%! I… Advice to Senior Management: Tread your employees like the valuable resources they are. Do not assume that a 75%… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Arlington, VA

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: Interesting work and manageable hours Cons: Flexible work arrangements are not available. Very odd for such a new company with their store front on the web! Face time is everything. Working… Advice to Senior Management: Many of those have been with the company over 10 years which is a HUGE issue. Very much an old boys club attitude since… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E*TRADE Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for E*TRADE Financial CEO Paul T. Idzik. All reviews posted anonymously by E*TRADE Financial employees.