E*TRADE Financial

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Investment Consultant
Former Employee - Investment Consultant

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can't think of any... Good location.

Cons

Ineffective leadership from Senior level down to the sales manager. This company has no sales leadership from what I can see. My experience was the managers I interacted with were constantly in CYA mode. No one inspires anyone here with few exceptions. Sales meetings are a combination of information dump and beat downs. Training is 'one and done'. Individual goals do not match overall corporate messaging and direction. My manager regularly sent chastising e-mails - singling one employee out to the entire team. My sales manager would single out people in ALL CAPS TO EVERYONE. Hellooo.. HR, are you reading this??

Hire sales leaders versus sales managers. Inspire your teams to greatness - not beat downs. Stop telling your teams 'what'; start showing them 'how'. (I suspect that most sales managers are clueless about the how component). Have your sales managers share a good idea to help Consultants succeed. This place is mostly void of solid talent.

313 Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial (View Most Recent)

Overall pretty good

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Sandy, UT

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Managers
    Good work/life balance
    Good base salary and earnings potential
    Relaxed work environment

Cons

Operational side is still a work in progress, not on the same page with sales. Can be more difficult for customers to open and transfer accounts, compared to larger firms.
    Commission plan changes often, consultants now get charged back for giving customers promotions, if customer moves from stock to cash, and you will get charged back if clients moves money out, causing wild swings in bonus.
    I feel like this job has more Pros than Cons compared with other jobs I've had.

Overall I’ve been happy with management, they give you space and offer help when needed. It would be nice if we could get more help with service issues and just focus more of our time on sales.

Great learning experience tech and finance combined

Former Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Technologically advanced and opportunity to learn

Cons

Lack of leadership and talent retention

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial