E*TRADE Financial
www.etrade.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Everyone is an island, little opportunity to grow

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsThey hand out titles like lollipops and E*TRADE looks good on a resume.

ConsThey hook you in the position with a higher than normal salary and promises of bonsuses, raises and promotions. Opinion throughout the company is that these are never delivered on. Good jobs go to outside hires. Very poorly managed from senior managers on up. Extreme micro management. Policies within the company don't communicate to each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack off. Let your employees do what they were hired for without constant check ins.

You need the right personality to work here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good staff and middle managers. Salary and benefits could be better,… Cons: Way too much micro-managing. Very secretive and very political atmosphere. Morale rather low. Senior management has… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more opportunities to move to other areas of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Senior program manager

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good tech team to work with Cons: Poor management team, not much career growth More

There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at E*TRADE Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for E*TRADE Financial CEO Paul T. Idzik. All reviews posted anonymously by E*TRADE Financial employees.