E*TRADE Financial

www.etrade.com

Financial Services Representative

Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) Sandy, UT

ProsPhysical location is close to the freeway. The doors are open when you get to work. Most of the managers could fog up a mirror.

ConsIn four years time, my hourly pay has increased about 7%. My health insurance costs for identical coverage has increased by over 36%! I actually take home less now than when I started because Etrade now takes so much more out of my check for health insurance. At the same time the fomer CEO Steve Frieburg saw his base pay go form 1 million to over 3 million the second year. The managers were all managers with companies that Etrade bougtht before the collaterized mortgage fiasco. Only 1 manager is actually a manager due to a promotion . 4 of our managers, including a top level executive, came to Etrade from Fidelity because they got laid off at Fidelity. Etrade was NOT their first choice for employment and it shows. Management FORBIDS any direct communication with the CEO. It is MANDATORY that ALL employee to CEO communicaiton be perused by immedate management first. Etrade stock has never been valued at more that 1/2 of what TD Ameritrade trades for. After working at Etrade it is easy to see why. This company could spoil an erotic dream!

Advice to Senior ManagementTread your employees like the valuable resources they are. Do not assume that a 75% turnover rate every four years is normal! Train your managers to motivate and not terrorize!

Arlington, VA

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: Interesting work and manageable hours Cons: Flexible work arrangements are not available. Very odd for such a new company with their store front on the web! Face time is everything. Working… Advice to Senior Management: Many of those have been with the company over 10 years which is a HUGE issue. Very much an old boys club attitude since… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Senior program manager

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) Menlo Park, CA

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good tech team to work with Cons: Poor management team, not much career growth More
There are newer reviews on E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!