E*TRADE Financial

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Financial Services Representative

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT
Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Physical location is close to the freeway. The doors are open when you get to work. Most of the managers could fog up a mirror.

Cons

In four years time, my hourly pay has increased about 7%. My health insurance costs for identical coverage has increased by over 36%! I actually take home less now than when I started because Etrade now takes so much more out of my check for health insurance. At the same time the fomer CEO Steve Frieburg saw his base pay go form 1 million to over 3 million the second year. The managers were all managers with companies that Etrade bougtht before the collaterized mortgage fiasco. Only 1 manager is actually a manager due to a promotion . 4 of our managers, including a top level executive, came to Etrade from Fidelity because they got laid off at Fidelity. Etrade was NOT their first choice for employment and it shows. Management FORBIDS any direct communication with the CEO. It is MANDATORY that ALL employee to CEO communicaiton be perused by immedate management first. Etrade stock has never been valued at more that 1/2 of what TD Ameritrade trades for. After working at Etrade it is easy to see why. This company could spoil an erotic dream!

Tread your employees like the valuable resources they are. Do not assume that a 75% turnover rate every four years is normal! Train your managers to motivate and not terrorize!

324 Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial (View Most Recent)

Arlington, VA

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting work and manageable hours

Cons

Flexible work arrangements are not available. Very odd for such a new company with their store front on the web! Face time is everything. Working Mothers beware!

401k match is very low compared to any other companies I have worked for. The company tries to save costs by outsourcing functions to India and constantly looks for more jobs to export. They’re very proud of the success of this which is sad because we should keep as many positions in the US as possible. I’m embarrassed by this practice. Very little opportunity for growth and they actually demote people – who does that? Some managers have constant turn over and instead of fixing the problem they continue to just hire new staff.

Many of those have been with the company over 10 years which is a HUGE issue. Very much an old boys club attitude since they have been here so long. It would be better to get some fresh talent with innovative ideas who put employees first instead of the bottom line. Let each group decide how they should be structured and their workload instead of micro managing everything – manage the big picture!

Call Center Environment--Micromanagement to the Extreme

Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are decent. You get paid time and a half for overtime because everyone except managers are hourly. It's a good place to get licensed and start out, but not a good place for a career.

Cons

Wow, where do I start? Very hard to get time off. Micromangement at its finest. Pay is not great for the industry. There is not much upward movement--only lateral movement. They say there are tons of ways you can go but there's not, just different teams within customer service and a call center.

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial