Financial Services Representative

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative  in  Sandy, UT
Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Sandy, UT

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Physical location is close to the freeway. The doors are open when you get to work. Most of the managers could fog up a mirror.

Cons

In four years time, my hourly pay has increased about 7%. My health insurance costs for identical coverage has increased by over 36%! I actually take home less now than when I started because Etrade now takes so much more out of my check for health insurance. At the same time the fomer CEO Steve Frieburg saw his base pay go form 1 million to over 3 million the second year. The managers were all managers with companies that Etrade bougtht before the collaterized mortgage fiasco. Only 1 manager is actually a manager due to a promotion . 4 of our managers, including a top level executive, came to Etrade from Fidelity because they got laid off at Fidelity. Etrade was NOT their first choice for employment and it shows. Management FORBIDS any direct communication with the CEO. It is MANDATORY that ALL employee to CEO communicaiton be perused by immedate management first. Etrade stock has never been valued at more that 1/2 of what TD Ameritrade trades for. After working at Etrade it is easy to see why. This company could spoil an erotic dream!

Tread your employees like the valuable resources they are. Do not assume that a 75% turnover rate every four years is normal! Train your managers to motivate and not terrorize!

Other Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Everyone is an island, little opportunity to grow

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hand out titles like lollipops and E*TRADE looks good on a resume.

Cons

They hook you in the position with a higher than normal salary and promises of bonsuses, raises and promotions. Opinion throughout the company is that these are never delivered on. Good jobs go to outside hires. Very poorly managed from senior managers on up. Extreme micro management. Policies within the company don't communicate to each other.

Back off. Let your employees do what they were hired for without constant check ins.

You need the right personality to work here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good staff and middle managers. Salary and benefits could be better, but not bad overall. Interesting industry. Good place to start a career.

Cons

Way too much micro-managing. Very secretive and very political atmosphere. Morale rather low. Senior management has an every person for themselves attitude. Very difficult to move around to other areas of the company.

Provide more opportunities to move to other areas of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial.

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!