There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Unlimited comp for sales on the FC side

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited comp for sales on the FC side I love it it makes me very motivated to work hard.
I am happy my manager gives me the space to sell to the right clients. The clients that want and need advice. Many need advice but just do not want it so you need to sift thru to find someone that "gets" that putting all their money in a 12 cent gold mining stock will most likely not help them reach retirement with a good size nest egg.
Given 200mm book to work with huge opportunity but can hurt you.
A get the job done culture!

Cons

*Operations and TOA are way understaffed should have 30-50 people full time. E*TRADE could bring in an additional 10-25% or more in assets and retention if they refined this area in particular.
* There should be a positive small revenue share on your practice/book that exceeds threshold or
* Threshold feels more like a "steal take"
*UMA needs a bond manager yesterday.

Look at how other discounters execute operations and TOA then copy what they do well.
I am not sure is Paul is wanting to grow us or sell us? I prefer grow there is an enormous opportunity to grab more market share from TD and Schwab.

300 Other Employee Reviews for E*TRADE Financial (View Most Recent)

Young and dynamic company with endless opportunities for the brave and ambitious

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager  in  North Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Many opportunites to grow whithin. One can start at the bottom and with hard work and the right attitude can easily move up to more rewarding positions.

Cons

Compensation could be better. This industry requires talented people to innovate and stay ahead of the curve. Pay seems lower compared to other companies

Keep the culture as it is and design fairer compensation package throughout the organization. Identify key personnel that keeps the business running and the compensate them based on merit.

Good Company but needs improvement in several areas

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hardworking staff, dedicated workforce, Get it done attitude among employees is the backbone of E*TRADE's technology domain. The business and technology teams work hand in hand to deliver award winning products

Cons

No work/life balance in this company. Promotions and raises are tough to come by regardless the amount of quality time and effort you put in your job or deliver outstanding results.

Work towards employee retention and creating a better work environment for your employees. Acknowledge the hard work and dedication of your employees by appropriately compensating them for their hard work and result oriented work

There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Worked for E*TRADE Financial? Contribute to the Community!