There are newer employer reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Looking for job at E*trade?

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company uses cutting edge and open source technologies.Company provides good work environment and focus on framework based development approach to improve productivity.

Cons

The company growth does not seem to be impressive for some time and seems to be in the process of changing that by reorganizing and focusing again.Not sure how long it would take to get back into high growth mode.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unlimited comp for sales on the FC side

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited comp for sales on the FC side I love it it makes me very motivated to work hard.
    I am happy my manager gives me the space to sell to the right clients. The clients that want and need advice. Many need advice but just do not want it so you need to sift thru to find someone that "gets" that putting all their money in a 12 cent gold mining stock will most likely not help them reach retirement with a good size nest egg.
    Given 200mm book to work with huge opportunity but can hurt you.
    A get the job done culture!

Cons

*Operations and TOA are way understaffed should have 30-50 people full time. E*TRADE could bring in an additional 10-25% or more in assets and retention if they refined this area in particular.
    * There should be a positive small revenue share on your practice/book that exceeds threshold or
    * Threshold feels more like a "steal take"
    *UMA needs a bond manager yesterday.

Advice to Management

Look at how other discounters execute operations and TOA then copy what they do well.
    I am not sure is Paul is wanting to grow us or sell us? I prefer grow there is an enormous opportunity to grab more market share from TD and Schwab.

2. Young and dynamic company with endless opportunities for the brave and ambitious

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in North Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at E*TRADE Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many opportunites to grow whithin. One can start at the bottom and with hard work and the right attitude can easily move up to more rewarding positions.

Cons

Compensation could be better. This industry requires talented people to innovate and stay ahead of the curve. Pay seems lower compared to other companies

Advice to Management

Keep the culture as it is and design fairer compensation package throughout the organization. Identify key personnel that keeps the business running and the compensate them based on merit.