E-Z-GO

www.ezgo.com
  www.ezgo.com
There are newer employer reviews for E-Z-GO

A well respected, solid Company with opportunity to advance within the Textron family.

I have been working at E-Z-GO

Pros

Committed to the local community; products are good quality; great manufacturing employees; Shingo Gold at the Enterprise level; 2009 Industry Week Best Plant; PRIDE.

Cons

Work/life balance is difficult; culture is conservative and slow to progress; everyone wants to know if you can get them a Golf Car at employee price.

Don't lose touch with your employees - they have important feedback for you.

15 Other Employee Reviews for E-Z-GO (View Most Recent)

Great organization, I am an "EZGO"er for life (as long as they will have me).

Current Employee - Engineer, ISC in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer, ISC in Augusta, GA

I have been working at E-Z-GO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love the environment. Great people to grow alongside and bounce ideas off of and interactions among departments is very professional and clean. Alot if not all of the Senior Leadership Team members are very open and down to earth. Lots of opportunities for internal promotions.

Cons

There are certain positions occupied by folks who seem to have gotten there based on seniority. However as the company grows, that con is definitely becoming less and less apparent.

We could differentiate our product offerings more boldly. All in all though management is doing an excellent job of promoting growth. Very professional and down to earth folks in SLT.

Great Golf History, a Lot of Great People, Good Product Produced, Terrible Work Place Culture

Former Employee - IT Professional in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Augusta, GA

I worked at E-Z-GO full-time

Pros

A good company trying to break out of just being a best in class golf cart producer. They are growing through acquisition and this will provide new opportunities within the company. If you rate within their “talent” pipeline then there are decent career opportunities both within E-Z-GO and their parent corporation, Textron. If you enjoy constant challenge it is a good environment in that aspect. Compensation is above average for the area.

The great people at E-Z-GO are what make this company what it is today.

Cons

E-Z-GO is bleeding talent in my opinion for two reasons:
    1. It's adherence to Textron's talent management process. "Stack ranking" or "rank and yank" (made vastly popular in the 80's by GE) isn't the en vogue motivational tool it used to be. Even GE has moved away from it and more toward team building. If you’re not rated as “talent” here then be prepared for what could be a one strike and you’re out experience.
    2. The "culture of blame" that is ever present under the guise of "culture of accountability". There is a very fine line between the two. I don't believe that I've ever been in a root cause analysis session that didn't end with "who's responsible for this?" instead of "what can we do differently next time?". Even if someone did vocalize it correctly the intent seemed to angle toward assigning blame.

E-Z-GO in and of itself is a fine company, certainly one of the best in Augusta, GA.

Break the culture of blame that is present and work with Textron to establish a different talent management model (preferably one that supports team building). The company isn’t large enough to support the old GE 20-70-10, rank and yank model. It most likely won’t be sustainable long term as it is leading to a destructive, competitive environment.

There are newer employer reviews for E-Z-GO