E. & J. Gallo

www.gallo.com

Gallo - Good experience but you better be willing to work long and hard.

Engineer (Current Employee) Modesto, CA

ProsThe company is a industry leader in terms of research and development. They have a extensive scientific knowledge of the wine making process. They are extremely methodical in research and have experts in all aspects of wine making from oenology to manufacturing. Also the beginning salaries are high for the food and beverage industry. In terms of wine manufacturing they have the resources and the size to utilize new and innovative methods which is unique to the wine industry. Also the emphasize on safety is to a much higher level then I have observed at other companies. Safety is built into their culture.

ConsWork life balance is non-existent. I receive e-mails at all times of day and night and there is an expectation that I will be on my blackberry to respond during weekends, vacations and holidays. Also there are pet projects from the Gallo family which do not have much merit but get pushed due to their influence. The politics in a company of this size is expected but the peaty nature is a bit shocking.

The turnover rate is also high from senior management to entry level professional staff. This is dependent on different departments but in the last couple years, the turnover has been increasing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay the long time employees appropriately!

Great company, good people want to work for them again

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at E. & J. Gallo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: People, culture, opportunity for advancement Cons: Constant moves due to advancement Advice to Senior Management: Keep asking the questions, keep challenging the people Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to start and grow.

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo

Pros: Focus on responsible growth of business and employees. Many opportunities for movement… Cons: Headquarters location Privately held Professional growth beyond jr. levels is limited Confusing career pathing Limited visibility to upper level… Advice to Senior Management: Push harder to document and communicate priorities to all levels of the organization… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on E. & J. Gallo.

Worked for E. & J. Gallo? Contribute to the Community!