E. & J. Gallo

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for E. & J. Gallo

Gallo

I worked at E. & J. Gallo

Pros

Great people working in a fun industry. Well established company which truly cares about its employees. Each day presents new challenges.

Cons

Work and personal life balance is not always the focus of all employees. Compensation and benefits may be lacking compared to publicly held companies.

Build the passion that founded and built the company to what it is today in all employees. Wine is about celebrating life and the workplace should reflect that in all areas.

121 Other Employee Reviews for E. & J. Gallo (View Most Recent)

Know What You Are Getting Into

Former Employee - Chemist in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Chemist in Modesto, CA

I worked at E. & J. Gallo

Pros

Most of the people I met at EJ Gallo were friendly and professional, and they cared about the work they did. The Gallo family did strive to make working at their firm enjoyable with picnics and employee appreciation time. The laboratories I worked with were well equipped, and it was fairly easy to get necessary supplies.

Cons

Although the pay may be favorable compared to other food industry companies, but it is not good when compared to the rest of California, especially the Bay Area. The middle managers always seemed overworked and on the cusp of being "downsized". Turnover occurred constantly. As a result of changing personnel, priorities always were changing. Behind the scenes politics always seemed to play a role in decision making.

If you are going to run a "Family" business, treat your employees more like family, instead of like expendables.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Information Services - Line Management in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Information Services - Line Management in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo

Pros

Many opportunities for growth and development, cross functional training and assignments available for additional exposure. As long as you perform well, advancement opportunities come. The family atmosphere is is a welcome change from general corporate life. Yes, you need to work hard here but I have never done anything meaningful that I didn't have to work hard for. Have you? Our benefits package is excellent and Gallo even offers domestic partner benefits. There are a number of training programs available in addition to tuition reimbursement. And the company Wine Shop is an added perk! I enjoy working here and expect I will continue to do so for a long time...which is why you are considered a rookie with any less than 15 years here. Most people stay, which says a lot.

Cons

On occasion, there are people who are miserable in their jobs and nothing will make them happy. It's sad that we have had some of those people here who unfairly blame the company for their own lack of motivation.

Lead with your soul, engage in the methodology of Servant Leadership in order to get the best out of your employees. Stay consistent and fair with open communciation, always.

There are newer employer reviews for E. & J. Gallo