EA Engineering

www.eaest.com
There are newer employer reviews for EA Engineering

Regional offices isolated and task specific

Former Employee - Scientist III in Syracuse, NY
Former Employee - Scientist III in Syracuse, NY

I worked at EA Engineering

Pros

Flexible with time off and work from home opportuities

Cons

Every office had specialty and not much room to branch out or build new business outside speciaty area

Allow works to share work between offices

15 Other Employee Reviews for EA Engineering (View Most Recent)

Nice people, decent job

Former Employee - Geologist I in Abingdon, MD
    Former Employee - Geologist I in Abingdon, MD

I worked at EA Engineering

Pros

Most people working at the company were exceedingly nice and driven to do good work. I was at a satellite office so I was able to meet and work with the same individuals over and over, outside of the more bureaucratic main office. The managers were relatively flexible if you followed through and did your best. The benefits were great, especially since it is an employee-owned company. They paid for any training and equipment I needed, and were open to suggestions. I had the opportunity to meet many people and work on a variety of projects.

Cons

There are many middle managers, so as a entry-level employee it was hard to imagine where I'd fit in the future.

I'm not sure where the mentoring program is currently (it was being established as I was leaving), but it will definitely help to retain those entry-level employees that may leave after 2-3 years (a common phenomena during my time there). It would also be helpful to see where an entry-level employee could fit in the future, we don't want to be entry-level forever!

Not a bad place to work

I worked at EA Engineering

Pros

They have a good salary and decent work-life balance. Your time is counted on a weekly basis, so if you have an appointment and need to only work 6 hours in one day, you could make it up by working 10 hours on the next. They also pay straight time for hours once you have exceeded 40 billable hours per week (exempt employees). They also have a liberal training policy.

Cons

A lot of people that I know from there just don't seem to be happy. The building's floor plan is arranged so that if you have a private office, it is very difficult to interact with other people in the hallway or whatever. The private offices all have glass front walls with no frosting on the glass at all, making it seem like a fishbowl.

Try to treat people more as humans than numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for EA Engineering