There are newer employer reviews for EBI Consulting

Boring and tedious. Expected to work 60+ hour weeks and be on call 24/7

Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Chicago, IL

I worked at EBI Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Most employees work at home, which is a wonderful thing as it allows you to skip the morning commute and work in a comfortable place. However, this also means you never truly be "off work"
- Company phone is provided (blackberry...)
- Not a lot of travel, considering that it's a consulting gig

Cons

- Expected to long days, nights, and weekends and be on call 24/7
- Management has no respect for employees personal lives and will call at all hours even if it's not an emergency
- Expected to respond to emails within 2 hours, even on weekends
- Extremely repetitive work! There is little to no room for creative input. You are expected to churn out the same exact reports every single day.
- The compensation is terrible.
- They will nickle and dime you over every little expense. They will reprimand you for ordering office supplies from the wrong supplier even if the cost difference is negligible.
- Management is resistant to change! I created an automated report template that would cut our report writing times in half and they shot it down. Employees are required to use the outdated templates they supply.
- Shady business practices. There were numerous times where we subcontracted an unlicensed person to perform environmental testing for the sake of cutting costs. We then lied to our clients and told them that we did the work, when really we just subcontracted it out.

This company is beyond repair. There is nothing you can do to fix this mess.

11 Other Employee Reviews for EBI Consulting (View Most Recent)

A little boring

I worked at EBI Consulting

Pros

They're good enough at what they do, and people are generally very nice. Everyone in HR and Marketing is great.

Cons

There's not enough communication between divisions and it's too much of a family business for what's now a mid-size company. They have no interest in progress.

Great company for motivated people

Current Employee - Program Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at EBI Consulting full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very entrepreneurial and rewarding environment for any knowledgeable and ambitious environmental or engineering professional. The company is quick to recognize top performers, and is growing quickly, so there are always opportunities to seize for advancement into management. There is lots of work to be done, and management does not particularly care when and where it's done, just that it gets done on time and well, so there is an extraordinary amount of freedom and flexibillity. Quality and special level of customer service are really important here, so not the right place for someone that wants to punch in 40 hours and go home at 5.

Cons

The company is very busy and growing quickly, so the hours needed can be high. They are always hiring people, but can't seem to get ahead of the growth curve. One needs to speak up sometimes to be heard, as there is alot going on.

There are newer employer reviews for EBI Consulting