EBMUD is job security in bad times.

I worked at EBMUD

Pros

I would say the best reasons to work for EBMUD would be for the benefits, the job security and for the vast opportunities to move to new positions. The benefits are by far the best reason. The medical and dental plans are excellent. The Medical plans they provide are Kaiser(no monthly premium), Health Net(no premium) and Blue Cross(there is a monthly premium). The Dental benefit is quite rich compared to other companies, $2000 a year max. They will also cover you college expenses as long as you pass with a "C" or better. There are also a lot of opportunities to move to all kinds of depts within the District. As far as job security, I don't need to say anything more. I don't think we've ever laid anyone off.

Cons

Some of the downsides are that many stay in top positions till they retire. So opportunities are there, they just take some time. Sometimes a lot of time till they move. You're salary is capped, there is a ceiling no matter how hard you work in your position. Also, if someone in a high ranking position is not really capable, you'll have to deal with them till they move on or retire. They aren't removed, it's a municipal job. So basically you could have an incompetent boss.

Keep up the good work!

Other Reviews for EBMUD

Left something to be desired.....

I worked at EBMUD

Pros

The only PRO to working with EBMUD is the paycheck and the consistancy of the hours required to work. It's nice to have a full time job.

Cons

If you aren't accepted inside the 'click', then consider your time spent at EBMUD as barely tolerable.

Investigate and follow up on complaints regarding the treatment of blue collar workers by their supervisors or other co-workers.

Great place to work with outstanding benefits

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Clerk
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Clerk

I have been working at EBMUD

Pros

great benefits and job security

Cons

limited career advancement within company

Do more to reconize the value of the non-engineering staff

There are newer employer reviews for EBMUD.

Worked for EBMUD? Contribute to the Community!