EBRD
www.ebrd.com London, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Like the former Soviet Union

I have been working at EBRD

ProsEmployee benefits, working hours, job security.

ConsCronyism; decisions made for political reasons, not based on merit; obvious when staff hired with no relevant prior work experience. Senior management is top heavy and support staff/ support teams are overstaffed with no discernible output. Many old timers who have not developed any new job skills in about 20 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people based on qualifications. Organisation needs more transparency. Sack HR and staff with real HR professionals. Look closely at ever-expanding senior management and overstaffed support teams. Technology and facilities are outdated.

Repetitive work with no creative input

Operations Banking Analyst (Current Employee)
City of London, England (UK)

I have been working at EBRD

Pros: Good salary, subsidised lunch, good company in the moral sense,… Cons: Very difficult to progress in the career sense, especially very difficult to move… Advice to Senior Management: Carry on in the same vein but pay more attention to the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

positive, good international environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at EBRD

Pros: mission of the organization, culture, benefits Cons: too political, top management appointed by political reasons not by… Advice to Senior Management: get qualified, younger people and woman too, not only late… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on EBRD.

Worked for EBRD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EBRD reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EBRD CEO Suma Chakrabarti. All reviews posted anonymously by EBRD employees.