EBRD
www.ebrd.com London, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Still behind the curve after all these years

Director (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

ProsLondon location. Business class travel. HQ meetings which keep you from field work. Non-demanding, derivative nature of the work. Pompous policy and self congratulatory pr efforts.

ConsThe ultimate bureaucracy, that always misses the boat in supplying needed investment products. A London-based, self-satisfied, ivory (tavertine marble) multi=lateral financial institution. The IFC runs circles around EBRD.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeclare victory, close up shop, return initial capital to shareholder nations, and let employees join the private sector before their skills further atrophy.

Fast, fun paced and rewarding

Secretary (Former Employee)

I worked at EBRD full-time

Pros: Great benefits with 2 weeks vacation available immediately upon hiring.… Cons: Resident offices are a little disconnected from London Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One of the most disorganised I.T depts I have ever worked in with my 20+ years experience.

I T SUPPORT (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I have been working at EBRD full-time for less than a year

Pros: An investment bank role looks good on my C.V! That's about it. Was not entitled to any staff benefits being a external contractor… Cons: Management very adverse to positive change and progression. Many have been there for years so have their 'best friends' working alongside… Advice to Senior Management: See past your own appraisal/bonus objectives, appreciate the constructive feedback received from staff (certainly new ones who have more experience… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on EBRD.

Worked for EBRD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EBRD reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EBRD CEO Suma Chakrabarti. All reviews posted anonymously by EBRD employees.