There are newer employer reviews for EBS Healthcare

Finally a Company who really does what they say they will do !!!

Current Employee - SLP in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - SLP in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Completing my first year at EBS, what a breath of fresh air. Their HR department worked with me and helped me with any issues that arose and made my experience a truly pleasant one. The CEU programs were top notch and were given by the industries top SLP's. I always wanted to travel to the west coast and this was my chance to explore a new area. So I made the commitment and was able to explore a new city while getting paid at a fair rate for doing something I love. I am already setup for the next school year, so it will be a great summer! Thank you EBS!

Cons

Moving to a new city was a little never racking at first, but once I moved there, it was a dream come true.

Advice to Management

Thank you for doing what you said you would do. Also, please continue to call and visit us! We enjoyed the dinners and the end of year parties, you really makes us feel like we are part of the team!

Other Employee Reviews for EBS Healthcare

Financially devastating and unscrupulous company to work for beware of them!!!

Former Contractor - Speech Therapist in Tampa, FL
    Former Contractor - Speech Therapist in Tampa, FL

I worked at EBS Healthcare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I guess if you like traveling to many different schools and getting no pay during Summer, Easter and Christmas then this is the job for you.

Cons

My husband was deployed to work in Tampa's airforce base so I had to leave my job in Tennessee. A girlfriend of mine suggested EBS healthcare for temporary contract work since it was in the middle of the school year. I took the offer and even though I have 14 years experience working as a speech therapist in the schools, I was shocked by what I saw. There was little to no support or communication between EBS and the schools. Worse yet, there was a young CF student just out of grad school that I shared my caseload with who worked for EBS. She received no support from EBS. They employed her and left her all alone. I had to help her every step of the way as she was planning to quit. Fortunately, I am an experienced therapist and could give her tips on managing a huge caseload. I was not given extra pay to help this young woman, but I had to as I saw that EBS left her alone and whenever she called them to report problems she experienced they simply told her that she has to find a way to deal with it on her own. Later on in the year they sent her to another school district as she was working for somebody who was also on maternity leave. She told me everyday that at the new school where she was assigned, she only got five hours to work per day and was having a hard time making her car payments and paying rent. This I think is very unacceptable. It seems like the company employs too many therapists yet do not have enough work for them. Talking about pay, I worked at EBS for five months and over the five months I barely made $10,000 even as an experienced therapist. There were very little benefits. Fortunately I have my husband's health coverage from the army. EBS has you working a maximum of 37 hours per week which is just under 40 hours so that they don't have to pay you benefits. At the time that I worked there I became pregnant so had to take a few days off from work for a few days yet I got no sick benefits or pay. How can you enjoy working for a company that gives you no personal or sick days? Young ladies be careful!!!! This company does not care about women's welfare and needs! Most of the benefits that they put up on their website are false. They talk about things like professional development but when you ask about funding to go to functions they tell you that they cannot cover it. They also tell you that they give travel reimbursements. I travelled so much in my job from the district head office which was far away yet still EBS offered me no compensation for gas. I am so glad that the next school year I got a job with the school district where I now get benefits and sick pay. This company targets students just coming out of grad school to use and take advantage of them. I think that students should look into all their options and consider alternatives to working at EBS. EBS likes to host a lot of conferences yet still they treat their employees so poorly. They don't even want their employees to go to ASHA conferences (that they sponsor) because if the therapists do, it will take away from their bottomline. How can a company claim that they are a global leader in therapy when they do not even provide their employees with sick days? Students beware, this company just wants to use you. They do not want to pay you and they do not pay you during holiday periods. That is very unacceptable! I am finding it interesting that so many people on here are having problems with EBS. This is unacceptable because we know that the best students with the highest GPAs get accepted into graduate programs in speech therapy so when they graduate and end up having problems with EBS it says a lot about EBS as a company.

Advice to Management

Be honest to your employees and do not just focus on trying to make money off of them. Don't make promises to employees that you have no intention to keep and stop over hiring when there are not enough assignments. Also, start giving women sick-pay and maternity pay.

Great Customer Service

Current Contractor - Therapist
    Current Contractor - Therapist

I have been working at EBS Healthcare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very attentive to your needs. They make it apparent to call you and send you emails to find out how you are doing and if you need anything. If you are a newbie, they make sure you are supplied with all you need to start.

Cons

No downsides to come as of yet! They are very attentive in nature an want to make sure you are secure and have no questions.