EBSCO Publishing
www.ebsco.com Ipswich, MA

Can't believe I stayed 5 years

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Durham, NC

I worked at EBSCO Publishing

ProsSome people within and the majority of people outside of Technology Department are hardworking individuals. I'm thankful for having worked with them. They are the reason I managed to stay with the company for five plus years.

ConsI can't speak about the group in Ipswich. I did not work there. Interactions with them were pleasant. Middle and upper management in other locations are dishonest and care less about their subordinates. They only care about what airplanes and motor bikes they ride. In fact, most conversations are dominated by talks about airplanes and bikes. Never once I was asked how I'm doing personally. They are very egotistical. The people they pick to be in their den are of the same mindset. If you come at them from a different point of view, they will crush you. They are the ones who are hurting this company. I do not recommend working in IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to never ask people working for you to not complain about you to other managers because it will get back to you. This is just stupid. Work on creating more pleasant work environment. Don't create divisions in the ranks. It's counter productive. Also, get rid of your Project Development Lead and the Software Architect. They are incapable of getting along with anyone within the department or across departments. They are cancer and cancer should be treated.

Dissatisfying

Ipswich, MA

I have been working at EBSCO Publishing

Pros: Decent benefits - a cafeteria, free coffee and tea, work parties. Nice people, as far… Cons: There is very little opportunity for advancement or promotion. Most mid-to-upper level management positions are sourced from outside the company. Difficult to even make same… Advice to Senior Management: There need to be more opportunities to advance. management support needs to be worked on.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Decent entry level position

Serials Coordinator (Current Employee)
Ipswich, MA

I have been working at EBSCO Publishing

Pros: Casual work environment, limited responsibility, exposure to publishing/database environment Cons: Low pay, minimal time off, not much room for advancement Advice to Senior Management: Give employess a clearer sense of the bigger picture before starting new… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on EBSCO Publishing.

Worked for EBSCO Publishing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EBSCO Publishing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EBSCO Publishing CEO Tim Collins. All reviews posted anonymously by EBSCO Publishing employees.